Chapter 12-The Emotional Hurts Too...

I remember when I first told him of such things, his mouth widened and for a time he thought I had special powers, seeing into the past in some way to track down our parents' murderer. However now he just thinks it's a bad reoccurring nightmare in which I hoped that's all it was-a nightmare.

Not many things can make me scared now-a-days. Not even Harry or Zayn anymore. I doubted they could do anything now that would surprise or shock me, though Jordan's question sent shivers through my spine and I knew what the answer was.

"No I don't see his face, but there is more to it. They keep trying to say something but all I hear is mumbles and they are both saying different things at the same time so it's hard to listen to just one."

His arm rested on my shoulder and he used his hand to pull me into his side. I always loved how he acted like an older brother and apart from the young look on his face, he did seem like he was. At times I swore I was the younger sibling and he would be the one to protect me, not Harry and not Zayn.

"Don't worry, it's only a nightmare. None of it is real and if it's coming back in bits, eventually you will see who is standing behind them. But for now..."

He stood up and held his hand out towards me, smiling.

"Why don't we take a little stroll?"

A huge grin crossed across my face and my eyes lit up as I took his hand. I always loved spending these strolls with Jordan, they were possibly the funniest experiences of my life. We would sing, laugh, dance, joke around and sometimes even playfully fight, nothing like the intense training session we had just had, but playful fun.

Last time we went on one of these strolls we didn't go back to the hut till midnight and granted, we were still inside the border so the hut was always in view, but now Harry and Zayn knew better than to disturb us when we were like this, like real kids.

I jumped onto Jordan's back and he ran me around and past Zayn and Harry. They always hated that, how close Jordan and I were. Perhaps it was the fact that we were acting so childish in a serious and dangerous society? Though I didn't see what the problem was.

It seemed we were completely safe out here and no one had come here since we first arrived, except for Zayn of course but in the two years I had known him, he hadn't hurt me or Jordan in any way.

As Jordan ran me around, I laughed like an idiot as did he. It was hard to remember these good moments with all this drama happening all the time so I savoured these moments as if each was a privilege. Though he was right previously when we were talking about how these moments shouldn't be a 'privilege' but a part of everyday life and it saddened me that it wasn't.

As Harry and Zayn got further and further into the distance, I looked back at Harry and saw a slight smile cross his face and I found myself smiling back, not knowing if he could see it or not. Suddenly Jordan let me down and immediately pushed me over to the ground playfully.

He was a little rough but with all his training, this was normal for him and besides it didn't hurt me in any way so I let it slide. He laughed and dropped down next to me, landing in a soft patch of grass and flowers and as the wind picked up, our long golden hair swept with the wind, though mine wasn't as graceful as his as mine began attacking my face which made him laugh like a mad man.

When it all settled we remained silent for a second and just looked up at the sky as if it was some type of safe haven we would never be able to reach.

"Do you think mum and dad actually died?"

I turned my head towards him. What was he trying to say? Still I couldn't help but ask the most obvious question I could.

Bloodstained LilyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara