Chapter 26-Ghosts

My heart began pounding as Jordan clutched his knives, one in each hand and after one second of pausing, he hit the closest zombie in the face with the back end of his sword, making it stumble backwards.

Immediately he was surrounded by vampires and zombies alike so I grabbed my spear which I always kept leaning against the wall and I threw it to the side of Jordan’s head, making it shoot straight through at least five zombies’ heads.

Jordan turned around, smiled proudly and nodded at me before flinging his swords around like a mad man. I drove my spear through a vampire’s heart and my breath stopped for a second as blood began pouring out of its mouth. I had never been so brutal before and though it was needed, I felt almost tainted in a way, like I couldn’t get out of this.

Suddenly a pack of wolves ran at us from our left side and it only took Jordan a split second to push the vampires and zombies away from him just enough to lunge his sword into the eye of the head of the pack which I guessed was the alpha, the leader.

I felt something nudge my back and as I turned around I gasped. It was the black wolf I had seen previously. It stood in front of me like a dog waiting for a treat, completely calm and almost expectant in some sort of way.

I was about to extend my arm out towards it when something forceful grabbed it and pulled it back down to my side and I opened my eyes wide as I looked up and saw Harry standing over me protectively, glaring down at the innocent creature in front of us.

“Are you two really that stupid to start the fighting without us?” Zayn called out playfully to which Jordan just rolled his eyes and continued flying his swords about.

As I looked back at where the wolf was standing, I opened my mouth sadly as I watched it run off. IT hadn’t harmed either of us in any way and I almost felt as if I had known it before, not like the first encounter, like I really had known and spoken to it before.

Harry finally moved away from me and led a massive amount of zombies and vampires off Jordan and my trails, making it incredibly easy to fight the remaining immortals that ran at full speed towards us. Zayn was quite a distance away from Jordan and Harry a long distance away from me whereas Jordan and I made sure to stay close to each other.

I was suddenly becoming wary of Jordan’s actions. I had never seen him so vicious before, he was killing vampires left right and centre, it was actually kind of scary. Although at the same time, it reminded me of the beach and the ocean in particular, the way his arms flowed around his body like the waves as they brushed up against the shore.

I found myself lost in his beauty, the swift yet calm motion of his body, twisting, turning and bending to dodge attacks from all sides. Of course I had my own enemies to fight but I couldn’t help but steal a glance of Jordan from time to time.

I managed to finally snap out of it and put all my focus into the continuous flood of enemies heading in all four of our directions. I was completely engaged in my heroic acts, fighting all three types of creatures until I heard Jordan groan and suddenly he was down on one knee and as hungry beasts surrounded him my heart sank. This was his end, I was sure of it…

I knew I would never be able to get to him in time with my normal human speed but before I had a chance to call out his name with worry, Zayn was by his side and he grabbed hold of the two vampires’ heads closest to Jordan and he glared at them angrily before squeezing and I had to turn away as he literally squished their heads, making pools of blood dribble along their front and a flood of red liquid surround their bodies as they fell to the ground.

Zayn bent down and helped Jordan up, checking for any bites from zombies and werewolves and when he found none he looked over to me and nodded in approval which made me sigh with relief.

It didn’t take Jordan very long until he was back to his old self, flying his swords around himself like a master ninja or something. I was fighting and I had my back turned to him when suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder.

I stopped fighting and my eyes widened, unable to apprehend the pain that came on so suddenly. Red liquid trickled down my back and Jordan’s eyes widened worriedly whereas Harry looked at me with lust-filled, hungry eyes and I could feel Zayn’s equally hungry glare on my back.

I reached behind me and pulled out the object that was lodged in my shoulder, Jordan’s stone knife.

“I am so sorry Lily! It slipped!” He ran over to me but stopped when Harry ran towards me and Zayn flew past him, headed towards me too.

This couldn’t be good. I remember thinking that no matter what happened now, I was almost determined to die, this was my end.

Harry grabbed my shoulders as he reached me and opened his mouth, revealing a frightening set of fangs that I swore could break a walrus’ in two. His eyes didn’t give out any emotion but one-hunger. Suddenly Zayn pushed him off me and the aggressiveness in doing so made me topple over to the ground where Jordan pulled me inside the border before heading back out there so he was just in view.

Zayn managed to make all the creatures around us drop to the ground unconscious which made him stumble and almost fall to the ground but was caught at the last second by Jordan. He looked down at Harry who was on the ground staring up at him angrily.

“Lily is NOT your food! She is NOT something you can eat whenever you feel like it! Think of Delia, Harry! You remember her, yes?”

Harry’s eyes widened and he looked over to me frantically before saying ever so softly, “I’m so sorry.”

His eyes ventured up to Zayn again and I swore I saw him shiver.

“Zayn, please…”

“You killed her! You killed your own sister! You could have chosen to leave her but instead you wanted to make sure she lived a life with you when you were just a newbie vamp well guess what Harry? You murdered your own sister because of your selfish desires! You planted those two fangs into her and drained every scarlet red inch of her blood! You left her in a pile of her own blood out on the streets for the filthy garbage man to pick her up! You say you have control? You are a monster!”

“Stop…” Harry screamed but Zayn wasn’t finished yet.

“History repeating itself, well do you want to know something about your sweet innocent little sister? She wanted me and only me, she was my fiancée and you looked her in the eyes as you drained every bit of life out of her limp, frail body. You think you and Lily are happy? Well guess what? Just like darling Delia, Lily will come crawling to me, believe me, it’s written in the stars!”

“STOP!” Harry yelled and ran across the border to my side before biting his arm, and shoving it into my mouth.

I gagged as I felt his blood run down my throat but it seemed to take away all of the pain.

“You think I have no control? It hit me off guard, you can’t blame me for that!”

“This is a war boy! If you can’t handle a little human blood then we might as well dig our own graves now, cause we won’t live past tomorrow night…”