Chapter 31-The Love That Bites...

A wall of zombies and vampires made a border around me, making it impossible for Jordan or even Harry to get through since a single bite could have ended Harry’s life then and there. However, faster than I could inhale, Zayn appeared by my side and smirked maliciously.

The army around us started to move back and when the smirk disappeared and a worried look in Zayn’s eyes appeared, I found my heart sinking.

“Zayn?”

“They’ve done it…” He whispered.

I looked straight ahead where less than half the size of the army before appeared from behind from behind an endless wall of supernaturals. They looked average, almost human like but something told me they were anything but.

“What have they done? Zayn?”

“They’ve created their own hybrids…”

My jaw dropped. Hybrids? Like Zayn? This was going to be the final blow, the bloodshed that we could never be able to escape.

“Werewolf/Zombies, Werewolf/Vampires…”

He paused and finally a scoff left his mouth and not long after, a wide almost spine-chilling smile crossed his lips.

“They haven’t figured it out…”

“Figured what out?! Give me answers here!”

“They haven’t figured out how to make Zombie/Vampires, what I am…the strongest of all hybrids.”

Sniggers came from the opposing side and before I knew it, Harry was standing by my side valiantly and Jordan by Zayn’s.

“So we are okay then?”

“I wouldn’t say okay…but we aren’t doomed…if you think about it, it’s around 60 to 3.”

I snapped my head back angrily. Obviously he was talking about Jordan, Harry and himself and I knew this was desperate times but I couldn’t help but be a little offended.

“Hey!”

He looked at me and smiled deviously.

“Sorry…3.5”

I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed softly.

“Incoming!”

Jordan’s voice called out toward me and as I looked ahead of me, I saw a rogue zombie running down crazily toward me and though it was a while away, the sight was unseemly and haunting and the fact that a zombie was trying to kill you was enough to scare anybody.

Harry grabbed it’s neck as it reached us and squeezed with all his might, ripping it’s head right off from it’s body. It had started once again.

Zayn suddenly disappeared as if he evaporated into thin air and appeared behind the new formed line of hybrids and began attacking them. They crowded him and his usual attempts of torture that had previously killed zombies and vampires, only seemed to temporarily wound them. It was going to be a long fight.

I thrust my spear into the mouth of a zombie and detached its jaws from its joints and watched as it fell to the ground, its jaw swinging around madly as it did, only being held up but the thin layers of deteriorating bone and flesh.

As I pulled it back out I turned to Harry and watched as he dangerously stuck his hands inside a zombie’s mouth and ripped it’s bottom jaw off. When it dropped to the ground he looked over to me and gave me a quick nod to show me he was okay. My heart was pounding like it had never pounded before and it calmed down slightly as soon as he gave me that reassuring nod.

What pierced my heart was not the endless stream of average supernaturals that continuously ran down towards me but the pain-staking shriek that escaped Jordan’s lips not long after.

“Jordan!”

I tried but I couldn’t make my way over to him as zombies surrounded me, somehow it seemed like they were following some tactic. I could see Jordan across the way rolling around the dirt on the ground in pain, his arm clutched over his elbow and the gooey part in between the forearm and the upper arm. I watched, my eyes open wide and all the noise around me seemed to drain out to complete silence as I saw a vampire creep over him and his eyes clench tightly together in more pain.

I looked to Zayn who tried desperately to run to Jordan’s help but in his moment of weakness, was pinned to the ground by a huge wolf with ruby red eyes. My gaze switched to Harry who was pinned against the wall by a zombie who continued to snap at Harry’s face. His only protection in that point in time was his fists trying desperately and weakly to push it away.

I had to do something. I had to push past these zombies and save my brother. I jammed my spear into the zombie in front of me’s jugular and spun it around to bowl it into the other zombies and I wasted no time running over to my brother as they all stumbled to try and stand up.

Before I could reach him, the crowd of supernaturals who had circled around him disappeared and simply walked back to the top of the hill, leaving no trace of Jordan anywhere. I began to panic. I looked back to the edge of the wall where I saw his blond hair stumble off in the distance, heading toward the city and my heart relaxed a little.

I knew the city would be a lot safer for him since about 80% of the world’s population of supernaturals were right in front of us, still I couldn’t leave Zayn and Harry in the positions they were in to simply check on Jordan.

“Go! We won’t leave until you guys are back!”

Zayn yelled out to me as he zipped over to Harry and dragged him inside the border, all the while distracting the creatures so I wouldn’t get tackled. I nodded and made my way back into the city, but I had no idea what I was about to witness…