Chapter 30-The Real Lily...

Without another word leaving anyone’s mouth, his sneaky smile dropped and he realised the seriousness of the question I had asked.

Had I just hit a nerve? Usually after what had just happened I would be checking to make sure I wasn’t insane, the way Harry was as he desperately looked into my eyes for signs as I spoke.

“She’s…no one…”

“Zayn…please, we can’t hide anything from each other, we’ve come too far for secrets and plus there’s a war, I think we owe it to each other to share I mean we could all die at any second. God knows one of us is already on the way if not more.”

“You’re not going to die Lily.”

Zayn calmly nudged Harry out of the way and cupped his hand in the crevice on the side of my neck. I paused for a second as my eyes wondered down to the ground and then finally back up to him. I shook my head and removed his hand with both of mine.

“I didn’t mean me…”

Hesitantly, he frowned and looked back to Jordan who was staring strongly at me and nodded at me as if to tell me what I had said was okay or inoffensive in some way.

“So I will repeat myself, who’s Lillianne?”

He shook his head and took a few steps away from me.

“Please Zayn…”

He turned around and looked back at me. As he did, I found myself shocked. Zayn was…crying? Watching those eyes become home to a pool of water that settled comfortably at the bottom, sitting on top of his lower eye lid, made me both uncomfortable and worried.

“She was you…”

My eyes widened and I took a few steps back. What could he have meant? She…was…me? What the hell did that mean? Was she another version of me?

Similar personality? Similar look? Maybe a metaphor? What on earth was he talking about?

“She was your ancestor but she looked exactly like you and she…she was…my wife, before I was a vampire I mean.”

I froze. I had no idea what to do. For all this time I knew he ‘loved’ me but was it possible he was in love with the idea of this Lillianne? Was it possible he never truly loved the idea of me but of her?

“Lily please…”

He took steps towards me quickly and as he placed his hands gently over my elbows I began to walk away, trying my best to ignore the stares I got from all three of them.

The further away I walked, the wetter my eyes became until finally, thin droplets of water seeped over the edges and I realised I had no idea whereabouts I was going. I was heading towards the gate but yet I had no intention of crossing over the edge and getting my arm bitten off.

What was wrong with me? I didn’t love Zayn, I loved Harry! Why did I feel this way when Zayn loved the thought of another woman? I didn’t love him, I DIDN’T!

I couldn’t even process the thought of loving him so what was wrong with me? As I latched onto the wood of the walls as my legs grew limp and before I knew it I was falling towards the ground at what felt like an unbelievably slow rate.

My neck hit something hard and warm. Through the blurry vision of the tears that threatened my sight I could see those lovable green eyes and brown curly locks that I loved so much.

 Though what snapped me out of that half-sleeping faze was not the man in front of me, whose love sent me to the moon and back, but visions of a tall, dark, extremely handsome face whom I had come to both love and hate, a man who scared me to my very core even now.

 I quickly jumped out of his arms, gasping for air as if it was being stolen from me and before I knew it, I was back leaning against that wall of wood that acted as an extra pair of legs.

That’s when the voice started…

‘You’re lying!’

No!

‘You’re lying to Zayn…’

No…

‘You’re lying to Harry…’

Please stop…

‘You’re lying to Jordan…’

Don’t…

‘You’re lying to yourself!’

I screamed with anger as I ran over to my spear and angrily gouged out the eye of the closest zombie and pushed it back, crossing over the border as I did so…