Chapter 38-The Pride of Siblings Broken At Last

“Lily!”

I was greeted by the strongest pair of arms ever. It felt like they were crushing me from the inside out, though I knew he’d never hurt me and I would have hugged him back had it not been for the giant wolf-like creature behind him, if you could even call it a wolf. It was ghastly.

I quickly backed away and as Harry turned around to look at the creature, he shot his head back at me. What could he possibly have been hiding from me?

The look on his face didn’t mask one of terror, but one of worry and for some reason, I don’t think it was because of the beast behind him. Though it looked appalling, it remained calm and as if it was trying to purposely hold itself back from me.

“Lily…” I heard a deep, soul-shattering voice…was that coming from the wolf?

I looked back to see Zayn with his red eyes piercing in the direction towards the creature. I quickly looked back at Harry and my heart sank as he walked closer to the beast, so close he was practically standing beside it.

I paused before running back to Zayn and hiding behind him cowardly. I had always been afraid of Zayn but in that very point in time, nothing scared me more than the overall appearance and presence of this creature.

“You’ve lost Harry, give it up…give her up.”

I would have acted against Zayn’s words but I was too busy staring at this beast that continued to stare back at me with its inhumane blood-red eyes. I felt Zayn push me further behind him and I knew that if this creature would attack, that Zayn would be my safest option so I did as he silently asked.

Suddenly the beast lashed forward towards Zayn and Greta who stood behind us. That’s when the adrenaline kicked in, I could feel it rushing through my veins like some opposing force.

If everything Zayn said was true then maybe my sudden burst of energy and need to protect both Zayn and Greta came from this Lillianne person? I had no clue, all I knew was this thing was about to attack my, as dysfunctional as it may be, family.

I lunged forward as it ran closer towards us and Harry yelled out a name towards it but I was too focused on attacking it to notice what exactly he was saying.

I leapt at it and clenched my eyes together tightly as I grabbed its neck before forcing all my weight down on it and pulling it down until we both crashed into the wall. When I opened my eyes again, Jordan was in my arms, panting wildly and immediately I jumped up and began shaking more than ever.

No way…was that thing, that beast him? It couldn’t be, he would never have let himself become such a horrid creature. It scared me more than anything.

I looked at Harry who moved his arms out towards me so as to hug me but I backed away, turned around and walked up to Greta, being careful to keep my distance so she didn’t dissipate and burn to death.

“If I agree to have this year of a normal human life, what will happen exactly? And please…no dodging the truth…I beg of you, please?”

She sighed and nodded.

“In that reality, I wouldn’t have existed, zombies wouldn’t have existed, vampires wouldn’t have and any other creature you could possibly think of…so as sad as it may be to grasp…Zayn would have died in that battle, Harry and his sister would have died as lowly street peasants, Jordan would still be his normal self and Ace would be his normal self…but if you do choose to have a go in this world, no matter what world you decide you want to stay in, there will be a consequence of some sort. Don’t choose to see what the other world is like and no consequences will take place. Take a few days to lull it over. Talk to your brother, to Harry, to Zayn…”

My heart was pounding at a million miles a second and I couldn’t bare the pain in my chest as I realised I had a beast for a brother. I loved Harry and I loved Zayn and of course I loved my brother, but how could I possibly learn to love the beast side of him when he turns into such a gruesome creature.

“I…”

“What is it, Lily? Tell me what you’re thinking…” Harry said softly as he gently placed a hand on my shoulder and began caressing it with his thumb.

“I don’t need to tell you, you can read my mind.”

“I can’t read what you don’t let me or rather…what your mind won’t let me.”

“I…I…I…”

I couldn’t find the way to word the insults that formed in my brain, the heartlessness that was my mind.

Jordan walked over to me and I continued to stare at the ground, my eyes wide and just before he could lay a finger on me, my mouth acted out against me.

“I don’t have a brother…not anymore…”

Immediately he shot back, his eyes wide with fright. He always believed that the reason mother and father died was because they chose to abandon us and this sounded exactly like I was doing the same. It sounded harsh and unloving, but I meant every word.

I was terrified of my brother. I knew that he had to turn into some type of beast or die but I had no idea he would turn into a hybrid or rather, a tri-brid. At that point in time, my real brother had died and been replaced by almost a Zayn version of him and I knew I would wonder daily if he would have the guts to kill me or not.

“You need to rest on it, a lot has happened today. But I think it’s best you talk to someone right now, get all your feelings out. Who would you like to talk to? You have Harry, Zayn, me….Jordan and A-” Greta began

“Ace! I want to talk to Ace!” I blurted out, interrupting her as I did…