Chapter 41-The Finale

“Are you mad? Is this just some desperate plea to keep me to stay here?”

I frowned and raised my voice slightly and watched as he quickly walked over to me, his hands hovering just in front of his face in a cupped position as you would expect a street beggar to have.

“You may say that brought it on but I promise you, I mean it. I’ve been thinking about it recently. Lily please, life is too short and with this war still not over, it’s dangerous. Plus you’re going to spend a whole year without me, you can’t do this to me…” He pleaded but I simply shook my head and looked down.

“Sometimes when I close my eyes, I pretend I’m alright but it’s never enough, Harry and neither is this. It’s twelve days, Harry, just twelve days.”

“Twelve days for us, for you a year and let me tell you something Lily a lot can happen in a year!”

“I will have Jordan and my parents and maybe even find and chat with Ace, what could possibly go wrong?”

His eyes softened but he resembled the pained expression of a lost puppy.

“A lot of things could harm you there and I won’t be able to protect you.”

“I don’t need to be protected. It’s a world without supernatural creatures and trust me, tripping over my own feet and falling on the sidewalk hardly counts for danger.”

“What about guns, knives, weapons? And don’t forget about burglars, murderers, brutes-”

I was getting annoyed.

“I’ll take my chances…”

I pushed past him and walked into the room. I tried to push the door close but he tucked his shoe in between which made me growl slightly.

“Please, Lily…”

He brushed his fingers against my chin and pulled it closer to him slightly.

“I love you…don’t leave me alone…”

“It’s too late, Harry…I can’t take this pain anymore, always scared that I will lose you or Jordan or even Zayn…I can’t take it anymore.”

“That’s what love is, Lily, you just have to take the risk!”

“I have and this is what it’s come to. I’m going to spend a year the way I was meant to. You know it would have been the same if supernaturals existed but remained in shadows, or didn’t attack humans…my parents would be alive, Jordan wouldn’t be some immortal beast and none of this would have happened. I don’t care what you say, I’m doing this…I’m going to spend a year in a normal human environment.”

He let go of my chin regrettably and removed his foot to which I slammed the door shut. I most certainly wasn’t about to sacrifice a year of bliss just for him or for anyone for that matter.

***

The next day I got dressed in the clothes Zayn had previously provided me and I looked in the mirror one last time, reflecting on the world around me. I didn’t want to spend another minute here. I loved my friends, my ex-boyfriend and my brother, but it was for that exact reason that I needed a bit of breathing room.

I had previously discussed this with Greta alone the night before. I knew Zayn, Harry and Jordan would all try to stop me so I woke up at 4 a.m. sharp and headed to Greta’s room where she lay me down on a rugged bench and with one wave of her hand made me shut my eyes, unable to open them again, though I was still awake.

“What’s that?” I asked as I heard some type of furniture being thrown in a room close to us and I sat up, my eyes still closed.

“Harry’s awake…he’s in your room, we need to do this now before he tries something.” Greta’s kind voice turned shaky as she began chanting and immediately my mind turned blank though I could still hear almost every noise around me as if my hearing had excelled since it was literally the only sense I had left.

Suddenly the door swung open and I felt Harry’s hand rung through my hair as he started yelling at Greta, unable to touch her, for her to stop her chanting but she refused to. Suddenly everything in my mind turned groggy and one by the one the memories started lifting.

I had no idea what exactly she was doing but whatever it was, it made all these memories of my past time at the castle fly by as if it never happened, though I still remembered everything up to that point as all those memories flashed in my mind.

First meeting Harry, then Zayn, then the beach, then the rose, then us training, then the war, then Jordan being bitten several times and finally my kiss with Zayn. Talking to Harry after that kiss and explaining what happened was the last thing I could remember. For some reason, everything else past that was nothing but whitened mist clouding my judgement and I wondered why.

“How dare you! We were never actually going to let her leave! You fucking wench!” Harry screamed, loud enough to make me cringe inside but outside I was like statue.

“Don’t let her do th-” Zayn’s voice cut off.

In fact all sounds from inside that room cut off and it was like I had escaped that world and immediately my mind made it sound like some long, over thought night mare…

________________________________________________________________________________

I have already written the first chapter of the sequel and the chapters of the sequel will be longer than these ones (I got lazy towards the end...and the middle...and a bit near the beginning). Leave a comment and let me know what you are excited to see and who your favourite character is, personally mine is Jordan but I am interested to see who you all like and why. Thanks for reading, will take a small break for a while before uploading the first chapter of the sequel which I can tell you is called 'Bloodstained Again'. Hope you all enjoyed this book ^^