Chapter 7-Before The Norm

One year later

"I have never met such a dull and disgusting creature! How dare you act so vile in front of us, we are gods to your kind!"

I sighed. During this past year, their bickering and fighting had only become worse. Jordan believed that Harry should look up to us. I had no idea how he came to this conclusion as I wanted more than anything for both races to be observed as equals but to Jordan and Harry that would never happen.
Now that I was fourteen, I had become a lot more set in my ways and I felt like I somehow needed to protect Jordan. Even though he was now nine, he was still only a kid and a very feisty one at that.

During the past year, even though Jordan treated Harry more horribly than ever, he still continued to train us and we had become a lot better than before, but still nowhere near good enough to protect ourselves from any threats.

A couple of weeks ago, Jordan disappeared from view, slipping outside the fence and towards the outskirts of the forest. That scared me more than ever and even though Harry found him within a couple of minutes, I couldn't help but check him for bites of any kind. Thankfully he wasn't far out enough towards town to draw the attention of any supernaturals.

I cringed as Harry grabbed hold of his neck and the back of his shirt and pulled him harshly towards the ground. In any other situation I would have worried for Jordan but this was now their usual training and there was nothing I could do to stop it as Jordan was leagues better than me.

This was Jordan's fifth day in a row of hard training and though Harry was being gentle, cautious not to give him any bruises or markings, I could tell he really wanted to become brutal. It wasn't simply out of anger or any kind of wish to inflict harm upon Jordan but simply because he wanted to train Jordan properly with the kind of force that a normal vampire would. Jordan wanted that too but Harry and I both knew that he was too young to be trained so violently.

Jordan quickly jumped up, looked at Harry with an evil glare and yelled 'More!'

Harry bent down slightly and moved from side to side to signal Jordan to give him his best shot but it ended the same way, with him on the ground and Harry standing above him giving him advice and tips. In a way I think he enjoyed that more than the actual fighting, the standing over him like was nothing.

As Jordan walked past me, his height quickly catching up to mine he gave me a hint of a smile and a slight nod. I walked up to Harry and crossed my arms over my chest. He held his arms out by his side and stuck his chest out slightly.

"What?"

"Don't even start, Harry. You know he can't be treated so brutally, he will get hurt."

Harry laughed and put his hands on both of my shoulders before giving a small chuckle.

"I told you, I won't hurt him. I know the kind of force to use so he won't get bruises, trust me, I know how the human body works."

I rolled my eyes and followed him to the fence gate, which continued to stand strong and tower over us.

"Well then you can't let him provoke you. If you get angry-"

"Lily, I have more restraint than that. I've put up with him for two years now and besides if I couldn't handle him, I wouldn't have stayed. It just helps that you're here. You're literally the only thing stopping me from thinking all humans are like him."

I unfolded my arms and drew my body back a little without taking any steps back. I gave him a pained look and he sighed but before he could rethink what he just said I interrupted him.

"He's a good kid. I may not agree with his views on your kind but you have to understand how we were brought up. If it wasn't for Zayn saving me I probably would be exactly like him right now, just remember that next time you see him. Because if things had been reversed, the one you would have befriended would have been him instead of me."