Chapter 36-Ancient Ancestors

“Zayn, please…”

He backed me into the corner of a prison cell and I shivered as I felt the cold, grey concrete wall against the palms of my hands. His face neared mine and I turned as he buried it into the nape of my neck. A tear left one of my eyes and gently fell down my face.

“I can’t take you back. Not now…you’ll never forgive me if I do…”

I turned my head towards him and his eyes widened slightly as he gazed upon the watery pools that had now formed in my eyes, though still refusing to let any more drops fall.

“I will forgive you, but you need to stop this now. Please, Zayn…before I refuse to forgive you…give me my freedom. I will forgive everything! You kidnapping me, you kissing me against my will, you ripping out my spine, you letting Jordan get bitten, your stubbornness, everything, I will forgive it all…please. You might be a hybrid but you still have humanity in you.” I pleaded and he looked down at the ground sadly and I watched wide-eyed as he let his own tears fall.

“Can you really forgive all evil?”

“I can try.”

He paused and looked back up at me, his cheeks and eyes red and bloodshot. I felt compelled to hug him but I didn’t want him to get the wrong idea. God knows that my last action wasn’t taken so lightly.

“No…”

My heart, my hopes, everything shattered in that very second. I wanted so badly for him to take me back, to take me to Harry and even to the hospital to see Jordan but that wasn’t about to happen anytime soon.

“I may love you, Lily…but the first chance you will get, you will run straight back to Harry.”

“Zayn, I love him…I know you love me but I can’t reciprocate your feelings, I’m sorry.”

“I don’t buy that crap!”

I straightened my posture as the fear set in again and as I watched his irises turn a darkened shade of red that glowed in the dark, I turned away.

“You were meant to love me. That’s what you were made for! That’s what Lillianne promised!”

My eye shot open wide, though I refused to look back at him. Was he serious? Some woman he used to love promised to make me love him? What the hell did that mean?!

“Please, Lily. Let me explain everything at least, just…stay here until I get everything off my chest…that’s all I want.”

I turned around slowly and unsure of what exactly to do or say.

“You want a councillor?”

“I want a friend…”

My eyebrows turned upwards and I dropped my head down in shame. I was too weak to go on with this. Everyone expected everything from me…they expected a sister, a lover, a friend, a slave, a soldier but what everyone wanted most from me was my attention. When Jordan needed me, Harry wanted my attention, when Harry needed me Zayn stole me, when Zayn needed me Jordan scolded me…I couldn’t keep up with it all.

Zayn gently placed his fingers on my chin and lifted my head up so I was looking him straight in the eyes.

“Will you let me go after?”

He paused.

“Yes…”

“Okay, I will listen but you have to promise you will let me go afterwards…”

“I swear it, Lily, you know you have my word. I guess before I go on with anything else I should explain Lillianne. Lillianne was my wife and your ancestor, but that’s not the only thing you two had in common…You are almost like her doppelganger, you two could be identical twins, it’s creepy and when I saved you I thought it was her and she had somehow come back from the dead but that was impossible since you were clearly too young to be Lillianne. So I watched over you every day and surprisingly that led me to Harry but I had already found you so though I still loved him like a son, he wasn’t what I had my eye on. I grew to know you, and you are nothing like Lillianne and yet I have come to love you all the same. Here’s the story, Lillianne knew exactly when she was going to die…”

“How?”

“She was a psychic…just like you are.”

My eyes shot open wider than I ever thought possible.

“I’m a psychic?”

“Runs in the bloodline. Anyway, she told me when she was going to die so we asked Yven, the last remaining dracaena and my closest friend, for her to somehow live on. Yven is extremely powerful, she can bend time and I draw all my powers from her though the one thing she can’t do is resurrect a person…so what she did was she linked my bloodline with Lillianne’s and now if I were to die, it may take anywhere from nine months to thousands of years, someone who looked 1000% like me would be born, die and then the whole process goes with Lillianne.”

“So I am just a copy?”

“Well if you were a copy you would have her exact personality, feelings, thoughts, emotions…but you don’t. So yes, whilst you may look like her on the outside, you are a normal person on the inside.”

“If supernatural creatures weren’t to exist, who would I meet? Would I find a human version of you? Of Harry? Or would I love different entirely?”

“I honestly have no idea. Yven may have given me physical and magical power but my mind only grasps concepts I understand, it doesn’t give me knowledge on everything.”

“…”

I didn't have a clue on what to say, he had just given me precious information that I could barely even understand. My mind was blank, my eyes showed no emotion and no words escaped my lips which were still held together in a perfectly straight line.

“Please, Lily say something, I just dropped a bombshell on you, let me pick your brain…what are you thinking?”

“I want to see her…”