Chapter 13-The City Again

One Year Later

So I knew this would happen…training for me has completely stopped and Zayn and Harry have been watching what they say to me. Jordan has also grown closer to me than ever before which is good but I can’t help but feel like he’s being a little too protective.

For the past year I haven’t had any other panic attacks but perhaps thats because of this new treatment? Although I hoped so badly that it wasn’t, I didn’t want to seem weak. I was seventeen now, I didn’t have time to be weak. Now that Jordan was twelve, Zayn started paying more attention to him however Harry was becoming colder towards him as each day went by.

Jordan waited against the hut walls every morning for me to wake up after his training session and we would laugh and joke for the time we had together until lunch. After lunch Harry would usually whisk me away somewhere. We were quickly becoming close, closer than ever before and I couldn’t help but laugh at things he said that wasn’t even funny.

Earlier on this year Jordan managed to make a fully functional, extremely sharp and long knife which made me proud and as he used it against Zayn in combat, it did hit and cut him several times but Zayn being the most powerful thing alive, it healed in less than a second.

Slowly this year, we had begun building more, the hut was now an official house with a separate room for each of us and the fence was now two metres thick and almost like the walls of a stronghold. It gave us more protection but it still felt a little suffocating.

As I slept that night I tossed and turned in my sleep, sweating and panting. Similar to the panic attack I had but at the same time different. I grabbed the sheets below me as I was having that same nightmare once again. I saw the same red walls, the blood coming out of my parents’ mouths and the mumbles though this time they were a little clearer and I was finally able to hear what my father was saying.

“Count the days till you see us again, you know I tried and I am sorry.”

My mother’s words remained mumbles and as the rest of the nightmare unfolded, they both fell to the ground, revealing the shadowy, still unclear figure behind them with their knife. I finally awoke from it and cleaned myself off before heading outside.

I walked towards Harry and smiled as I sat next to him watching Jordan train. He was getting really good. He was already better than normal vampires and zombies yet he had a while to go before he was any kind of match for Harry or Zayn.

“Still a dead end with the dream?” He asked me.

I nodded simply. Recently, I had been having this same nightmare every night for the past three or four weeks and it took a lot out of me. The image of watching my parents die over and over again and the emotions that brought onto me made things a little difficult, though I still wanted to remain strong, I refused to have another panic attack.

Harry ruffled my hair and smiled, something I both loved and hated at the same time.

“Don’t worry, things will get better eventually. Tonight why don’t we try taking your mind off of it? Just you and me?”

I loved that idea but still where could we go where we would have any particular amount of privacy? If we stayed here, Zayn would listen in and Jordan would do everything he could to interrupt us but if we leave the safety of the border, there’s no telling what could happen and no matter who got bitten, if it was by a zombie, we would both die.

“I know a place. Sorry, I heard what you were thinking and I know a private place. Meet me at six by the gate, don’t tell the others.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“You know that Zayn probably heard all of that right?”

He laughed and nodded before pulling me into a hug. I always loved the feeling of being pulled closer to him, I felt like if Harry was holding me then nothing could ever harm me. It was different when I hugged Jordan, I felt like when I hugged Jordan that I was the one protecting him even though he was leagues better than I was when it came to self defence. With Harry I felt like I could just let go of all my problems, all our problems.

The rest of the day ran by rather quickly but as I was working in my room inside the house around four pm, Harry walked in unannounced and he scared me a little as I didn’t hear him walk in.

“Plans have changed slightly, meet me at the fence at five, not six.”

I nodded slowly and watched as he left. That gave me…one hour?! I grabbed together my best clothes. The clothes Harry had picked out and bought for me the past few years were awful, florals and pinks and reds, he didn’t know me at all did he?

When I was all done I frantically looked over into the room next to mine at Harry’s bedside table. Without another thought I ran over and looked at his phone which was charging in some weird wooden, solar panel thing he had created and I gasped.

I was already ten minutes late. I ran outside and met Harry at the fence. I watched as he turned around and despite my lateness, he smiled at me.

“Come on, we are going into the city.”

I stepped back from him cautiously. The city? I had only been to the city once since we came here and that was with Zayn. Knowing Zayn was the most powerful creature on Earth made me feel more at ease but going with Harry could be a lot more dangerous.

“You went there with Zayn a while ago. I promise nothing will happen.”

He held his hand out and I took it hesitantly before he whizzed us off into the direction of the city.

Sorry guys I know this is a short chapter but believe me the next one will have a lot going on. If you also read my Dawn’s Dusk story, don’t be alarmed I haven’t stopped writing it-I’m just taking a little break since I’ve gotten so into this story all my creativity has run out for that one :P But like I said, Don’t worry because it will probably hit me at some stage and I’ll go back to writing. Thank you for taking the time to read my story :) I am very passionate about this one and don’t worry there’ll be a lot of action coming as well as romance. Please like, vote and comment what you think, thanks a bunch! :)