Chapter 28-The Devil's Influence

The night flew by and the next morning arrived. I loved that first two seconds of pure innocence you had when you first woke up and were still in that dreamy state, then reality kicked in.

I got dressed and left, not bothering to so much as look at the other three who were still fast asleep. I had been tossing and turning all night, getting barely one hour of sleep yet somehow I felt as energized as you could after such a night. That was rare with the life we had and so I embraced it.

As I walked outside I noticed something black standing across the way…just inside the border. As my eyes took in what it was, I found myself not running away, but running towards it. What the hell was I thinking? Of course at that point in time only Jordan was on my mind. As I stood in front of it, I panted heavily and angrily.

“Did you scratch Jordan?”

It slowly lay down on the ground in front of me, whimpering as it did and I knew all too well what that meant.

“He isn’t going to turn into a werewolf, you know! He won’t let that happen, he’s going to kill himself because of you! I might as well go out there and get myself killed because a world without Jordan is worse than any other variable!”

It stood up and shook its head slightly. I opened my eyes widely in shock as it came up and nuzzled up against me. Why did this one wolf take such a liking to me when no other did? When every other wolf was trying to kill us why did this one want to help?

“Lily! Get away from that beast!”

The wolf and I both snapped our heads towards the direction of the house where Jordan currently stood. It was clear he was afraid since he stood there when usually he would run out and push me away from it.

I wondered if it was the same for wolves, for any creatures in fact the way it was for vampires-that creator to creation bond. Harry’s and Zayn’s had obviously been severed and with good reason too but I could still see it was there. If Jordan didn’t kill himself and turned into a werewolf would he treat this wolf as a brother, a father, a best friend?

The thought of it sickened me. To go from such hatred to a sudden love for these supernaturals after everything they’ve done would absolutely horrify me.

I loved Harry and our bond was so strong that I knew I would never stop loving him but we hardly knew this wolf and I had come to love Jordan, admiring his determination and dedication more than anything…and to suddenly leave that and abandon all his values and beliefs by force didn’t sit well with me.

Still, I knew nothing of these things, perhaps it did occur in just vampires, perhaps other species, I wouldn’t know.

“Lily, it will hurt you just as it hurt me.”

He remained frozen in the house’s doorway and his eyes locked to the calm black beast standing in front of me. I had no idea what to do or say, I just stood there staring at him like he was the one in the wrong and I guess in a way he was for getting himself into danger, though I loved him too much to say it was 100% his fault. Of course, I knew the wolf shouldn’t have scratched him and I was sure that if it could talk it would tell me it was an accident.

As a thought suddenly appeared in my brain I reached my hand out towards the wolf and stared intensely at it. My palm hovered over its head and my brother’s eyes widened in horror.

“Lily what the hell are you doing?”

“I’m not going to let you go through this alone!”

“No…Lily don’t!”

“You don’t understand Jordan, I can’t lose a brother!”

The wolf look up at me confused and I spun my arm around so my fist was hovering just inches away from it’s mouth.

“Bite me.”

It started to back away but this turned a rage inside of me, something I had never felt before. Was this what Jordan felt about supernaturals? It seemed so strong it began to control me and I couldn’t bear to hold myself back. I had no idea what I was doing.

I had never sounded, never acted, never even thought so violently before. It was like something had just come over me, like my inner demons were now spinning out of control. I don't know whether it was the thought of losing my own brother or the pressure of the war but something had shook me to my very core and I wasn't about to let anyone get the better of me.

I wasn’t about to lose my brother, at least if I did this, I would match his strength come three days time. Of course Harry and Zayn would have been a little shocked.

I stormed up to the wolf, eradicating the distance it had made between us and I pinched it’s ear the way I used to do for Jordan and Harry, making the wolf almost faint out of pain but I didn’t notice, I just dug my nails in deeper so it wouldn’t run.

“Bite me!” I yelled with all my might.

It began to open it’s jaws wide until a strong force pushed me out of the way and I gasped as I flew through the air and landed over the other side. Whatever or whoever had pushed me, it wasn’t holding back.

I dusted myself off and when I looked up my gaze immediately went towards Zayn but he was completely calm however as I looked to Harry he was frowning, snarling and panting, pure rage, something I had never seen before from him. Not even Zayn looked this terrifying  before…