Chapter 37-Everything is About Hate Except Love...

He gently placed his hand at the bottom of my back, just above my hip line as we walked down a hall with what seemed like thousands of doors and suddenly one next to me flew open and Zayn laughed as I jumped for what felt like metres in the air.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you, I heard we had company and I thought it was Harry.”

As he spoke I was lost in how charming he seemed. He had the same dimples and cheeky smile that Harry had and his hair was wavy to the point where it was slightly curly. He wore a plain black t-shirt that seemed to fit like an extra large on him and matching black skinny jeans to complete the look though he wore nothing on his feet which surprised me a little.

What I loved most about him though was his eyes, a beautiful light brown colour with a small hint of green mixed in and when I looked into the light slightly, they looked gold. I was admiring his overall appearance until he said ‘Harry’ and immediately I became hopeful, though I didn’t want to anger Zayn or make anything uncomfortable so I remained as calm as I could.

“How do you know Harry?” I asked curiously.

He smiled, revealing the cutest dimpled smile I had ever seen before and it made him look cheekier and more of a prankster than Harry was.

“Harry is my creator.”

My heart sank. Obviously I knew Harry had to create someone along the way, it wasn’t in his nature to let anyone die but when I thought about Zayn creating Harry, immediately hate came upon my mind. I cringed at the thought of this man in front of me, as innocent as he seemed, hating Harry. The thought of anyone hating Harry made my mind twist as to how they even could.

“Please don’t hate him, he is one of the sweetest men I have ever met!” I blurted out and his smile faded and Zayn lifted an eyebrow curiously.

“You do know that the bond between a creator and his creation is stronger than anything right? It’s a love relationship, we don’t hate each other. I love him like an older brother and I would do anything he asked of me without question.”

I frowned and looked up at Zayn who looked at the ground as if he had just been defeated and the man in front of us seemed to catch on to what I was getting at.

“Trust me, Harry and I are okay with each other and to be clear, Zayn doesn’t hate Harry. Harry might dislike Zayn right now but let’s face it, all siblings fight with each other.” He smiled at me and as I turned to face him once again I found myself smiling back.

He had one of those compelling smiles that Harry had, but those kinds of smiles were always dangerous as the people that possessed such smiles, also possessed the most terrifying angry face too.

“When did he turn you?” I asked inquisitively.

“A year ago.”

I turned my head sideways slightly. How was that possible? He was living with us and only ever left to get supplies we needed. He wouldn’t abandon someone he turned, that would be like giving up a newborn baby, wouldn’t it?

“I should explain, Harry was out shopping and I was getting attacked by a zombie using all my strength to push it back and he found me and pushed me away from the zombie but he must have pushed me too hard and I cracked my head on the edge of the brick wall behind me and I would have died if he hadn’t turned me. Next thing I know, I’m waking up in my room here in this castle and he was sitting on my bed. He explained everything to me, left me with a…I guess…a drink, I don’t want to weird you out, and so yeah, he has visited me a few times since then and we got along extremely well but recently he hasn’t visited, is there a reason for that?”

“Has your time here blinded you? There is a war going on, and trust me, after taking Lily here I have no doubt he will be here shortly.” Zayn glared at the man in front of us and began pushing me along to continue walking but I stopped after a few steps and turned around to face Harry’s creation.

“What’s your name?”

He paused and smiled.

“Ace.”

I smiled back and nodded slightly.

“Thank you, Ace, for everything. I hope you see Harry soon.”

“You too.”

I followed Zayn down to the end of the hall where a door was swung open and the most beautiful creature looked up at me.

It had a large snake-like tail and a beautiful floral pattern made its way down the right side of its face and linked into its eye. I had no idea whether it was a tattoo or a part of her skin, but it was beautiful. She had long dark hair, darker than Zayn’s and her eyes were a compelling bright blue.

“Lily, I’ve been expecting you. Please, have a seat, I just have to warn you to not touch me as it is fatal and one touch from another creature and I will burst into flames.”

I nodded understandingly and sat a distance away from her so as to be careful around such a delicate creature and now I could see why. She was truly enchanting, a sight to behold. I had never seen a dracaena before and now, I understood why-a creature so beautiful, so alluring would obviously have a hard time adapting due to everyone wanting to look, touch and meet them. Such beauty and grace could not be measured, not even by someone as genuine and kind-hearted as Harry or Ace.

“I know everything about you, my dear friend Zayn won’t stop talking about you whenever he visits.” She smiled up at Zayn and he turned red and rolled his eyes which made us both laugh.

“My name is Greta and I know your struggles and stress and so I have a proposition for you, you can think of it as a temporary solution if you’d like. However you can choose to make it real if you want…it’s up to you.”

“What is it?”

She paused and looked up at Zayn who raised an eyebrow. Was it possible he didn’t know anything about what she was thinking?

“I can put you into a sleep for twelve days but for you, it will feel like a year-”

“Why would you do something like that?”

She laughed and shook her head a little.

“Let me finish.”

I smiled and nodded.

“During this time you will experience a year of what your life would have been like there were no supernatural creatures. You would meet the man you were destined, truly destined to be with, the way your brother would be if he had no hatred, your parents would still be alive…”

My smile faded and fear kicked in.

“That sounds lovely but if there’s no supernatural creatures, then what will happen to Harry and Zayn?”

She smiled and looked up at Zayn who glared down at her angrily.

“She will not do such things!” He yelled and she quickly held up her hand to silence him and to my surprise, he became silent.

“They will not exist. None of us will, except you and your brother. It won’t be real, you will be asleep here in the real world, it will be more like a lucid dream but not made-up, if that makes sense since it would have been your life. Think of it like a coin, on one side you have this reality and on the other side you have that reality. Think of it as we are simply temporarily flipping that coin, no harm done.”

“You said I could choose to live in that one? What would that mean for this reality?”

“Time would catch up with those immortals and well…all choices have a consequence, even choosing to stay in this reality will have its effect but its your choice…”