Chapter 20-Don't Talk Beyond Help

One Year later

I can’t even begin to explain the year we had…Jordan, I’ve never seen him so restless. Something suddenly came over him. I knew he was killing vampires but I never expected…this…

“It’s your fault, all of this is because of you. We never had parents, friends or you know, a life! And do you know why?”

My eyes widened as blood began pouring out of Harry’s mouth and I felt like I was about to explode.

“It’s not because of Lily, it’s not because of the bloody messes roaming the streets, it’s because you couldn’t keep your lust to yourself and because you were thinking with your dick, nothing more and nothing less!”

His grip formed around the wooden pole that was currently jammed into Harry’s chest. It wouldn’t kill him but it was seriously wounding him and vampire or not, he wouldn’t recover from this anytime soon.

Previously I had thrown a spear accidentally at Harry and it went straight into his chest and out the other end before hitting the tree behind him but this was different. He could easily heal from something that hit him for a mere second but this was stuck into him and he was getting weaker by the second to the point where he was no unable to remove it himself.

“Jordan!” I cried and ran towards them, hoping to push Jordan over.

When I neared them he snapped his head my way and when I finally came up to them he pushed me across the field, making me land uncomfortably and crack something in my back. He slowly turned his head back around to glare at Harry as he ignored my moaning and groaning. Somehow, Harry was able to remain almost completely calm with nothing but a few gasps here and there.

“I’m not the enemy Jordan. Think about the wolves, you know how bad things are getting. Why are you doing this to me?” Harry coughed up more blood which made me cringe but I knew that no matter what I tried to do to save him, Jordan would always come out on top, even so I had to try and save him.

Jordan leant in close to Harry and whispered something that I couldn’t make out but whatever it was, it made Harry’s eyes wide and his breath stop for a single second.

“Better you die than I…” Jordan whispered so low that I couldn’t hear him.

I started running towards them and as I did I saw a blur run towards Jordan angrily and it made me a little relieved. Harry dropped to the ground and I ran to his side as Zayn had pulled Jordan next to him by his shirt collar and was now spitting cuss words angrily in his face.

“You don’t hurt him! What if I had hurt Lily right in front of your eyes? How would you feel then? Huh? Don’t you dare harm him again you little brat!”

And without another thought, he threw Jordan to the ground where Jordan growled angrily, their eyes not daring to part from such a stare of hatred.

“Lily is my family! It’s different! What’s Harry to you, just some useless servant that can be replaced, right?”

Zayn growled angrily and picked him up once again. I had never seen Zayn so beastly before, and after pulling the object out from Harry, he and I just stared as he continued to taunt and scorn at Jordan.

“Harry is the closest thing I have to family! He is the only thing I have!”

My heart lightened at that moment. I had always known the bond was close between creator and creation but I never thought it was like this. At best I thought they were good friends but the way Zayn was speaking of Harry, he made it seem like Harry was his brother. I had never thought of Zayn as such a compassionate man. Sure I believed he could love and in his own twisted way I even believed that somehow he cared about me but this was a different kind of love, a love that would never burn out, a dangerous but beautiful love that could never be matched by any human emotion.

“He deserves to die, you both do!” Jordan hissed and groaned as Zayn pushed him down once again before walking over to us and lifting me up, making Harry and Jordan very cautious of his actions.

“You take that back Jordan or I swear to god, I will make sure you regret ever saying such things to me!”

Suddenly, that warm light-hearted feeling left and a feeling of terror and dread came over to me.

Harry, still weak scrambled to try and get me out of Zayn’s grip but Zayn just kicked him over to the ground and told him to be quiet. I could see tears forming in Harry’s eyes. He knew something was about to happen but none of us knew what.

Jordan looked at me and clenched his jaw before looking back up at Zayn and remaining silent but never for a second did he show any emotion on his face, that’s what scared me the most.

I had never seen Jordan look so calm or clear before and I was scared to think that his hatred would get the better of him.

He wanted to be right, but I knew as much as he hated vampires, it was always mirrored by his love for me. I knew that he would do anything and everything for me, and I the same for him, which was why it scared me when he finally spoke.

“You’re bluffing.” His stare remained locked to Zayn.

Zayn tilted his head to the right slightly and looked down at Harry before mouthing the word ‘sorry’ and then looking back up at Jordan disdainfully.

“Am I?”

I felt his hands venture down to my hips slowly which made Jordan gulp and I shook fearfully as I heard him whisper a soft sorry in my ear and felt a tear or two between my neck and shoulder.

I had no idea what was about to happen and I didn’t have much time to think about it as one of his hands moved from holding my hip, to being gently placed on my back.

Suddenly my eyes felt like they would bulge out of their sockets and I saw Jordan and Harry both cry, their eyes just as wide as mine and I heard them screaming ‘no’ as everything turned black for me.

Zayn stood there smirking, holding a part of my spine in his hand and Jordan ran over to my lifeless body, screaming and crying…