Chapter 17-What Goes Around

“Harry I-”

At that very point in time, all my thoughts, all emotions seemed to seep out of me like sweat. All I saw was that nightmare, the one that had haunted my sleep for so many, the red walls that resembled that of falling blood, my parents though now they were clearer than anything. My father continued to spread his line over once again…

“Count the days till you see us again, you know I tried and I am sorry.”

Though this time, the words my mother whispered were what haunted me more than anything up to that point.

“Fear the normal. Zayn won’t harm you, Harry won’t harm you but your brother will be your impending doom.”

Though my eyes were open and aimed straight towards Harry, all I could see was this nightmare. I was awake, I wasn’t sleeping. So why was this happening?

Suddenly, my mother was no longer the problem. As they both fell and dropped to the ground, dead, I finally saw for the first time ever, who really had killed them. As the light crashed down onto their murderer’s face I gasped.

“No, no it can’t be!”

Before I knew it I felt my body being shaken and a loud voice called out to me in my ears and I finally snapped out of whatever you call that kind of thing. Harry’s eyes were almost bulging out of his head.

“It’s Jordan!”

He was breathing so hard I swore I could see his heart trying to pound through his chest. He must have been so worried and concerned but at that very point in time I couldn’t think about anything aside from what I had just seen.

Why Jordan? Why did it have to be him? If you think about it, he was the reason I saw my parents die every night, even if it was nothing but a dream or some illusion, I could never get that thought, that image out of my head. I felt my head feel slightly faint and as I fell slightly towards Harry he caught me and held me up, keeping his hands firmly on my shoulders.

“Whoa, calm down Lily.”

What was happening to me? I felt physically ill and mentally drained. It was getting worse by the second and I could tell that if Harry wasn’t still holding me up, that I would have collapsed right there.

“The bloody walls, my dying parents, the figure behind them, it was all him.”

I could tell he wanted to say something but somehow the words wouldn’t form in his mouth and as much as he stuttered and stared worriedly at me, nothing would come out.

“Take me to him…I want to see Jordan!”

Without another word, he nodded and placed his hand firmly on my back as he led me towards Jordan. On some level I knew he could feel how weak I was becoming, how drained I was after such an event.

As we walked towards the hut, Jordan walked over to me smiling like a kid with chocolate and I unknowingly began creeping closer into Harry’s chest. I wasn’t physically afraid of my brother though that dream did leave its mark on me.

As Harry and I stood directly in front of him, I had no idea what to do next. I couldn’t exactly yell at him for something he had no control over, but I had no right to make him or Harry uncomfortable.

 I suddenly found myself standing there in an uncomfortable silence, trying to form some kind of functional sentence in my mind. Somehow I found myself asking him about something completely off topic, I just couldn’t look him in the eyes and imagine him killing our parents, I just couldn’t.

“You haven’t gone out again have you?”

He simply rolled his eyes and began laughing. He was thirteen but I still saw him as that little 7 year old that desperately needed my help. It was foolish and kind of childish for me but I couldn’t help it, he was my little brother and my only family left.

Still my question seemed to put Harry off. He knew what I really wanted to talk about and I could tell he wanted answers just as much as I did but when I thought about it, Zayn was probably my best chance at finding out what the hell it was all about.

When I finally saw Zayn out of the corner of my eyes, I was about to turn around and go talk to him but before I could do so much as blink, Harry was by his side quietly discussing, what I knew, was my vision I had just had.

A few moments later they were both standing either side of me and I jumped slightly as Zayn’s hand scared me the moment it came into contact with my shoulder.

“OK guys, here’s what’s going to happen, I am going to take all of you, Harry and I included, on a lovely trip to the beach so grab whatever you want and we are leaving behind reality for a day. No more hunting supernaturals,” his head turned to face Jordan.

“No more worrying about weird dreams,” he swirled his head around before snapping it at me playfully and then finally turning it to Harry and saying, “and no more whining about the girl you can’t have.”

Harry scrunched his face up in disgust.

“I do not whine!”

I laughed as I heard him hiss harshly at Zayn as they walked off, again leaving me and my brother alone together. I watched as he turned to face me and lift his eyebrow.

“I know they explained to us what a beach was, but I still don’t get it. Is it some kind of metaphor for a better life or is it like an actual place?”

I shrugged and laughed, trying my hardest to push that vision to the back of my mind. Like me, Jordan had never once been to a beach. He had only ever seen this field, the forest that surrounded it and the city we used to live in. It did upset me though.

 It’s a parent’s job to take their kids to exotic places though to me a beach didn’t sound very exotic. It had creatures called sand? And something that apparently people float on, something called…an Ocean I think it was? Whatever they were, it sounded in a way, frightening.

Jordan and I entered the hut as Zayn had instructed to grab whatever we wanted but that was where we were left confused. We had never been to a beach so what did we bring? In the end we just found ourselves bringing…ourselves really and as we walked out a few minutes later we were greeted by Zayn and Harry.

Zayn clapped his hands and rubbed them together, smiling victoriously.

“Right, so you guys are all ready?”