Chapter 15-Some Memories Do Scar

I continued to take steps back until I was up against one of the chairs in the front row. How could it be Zayn? The minute I pulled away from him, I knew it was Zayn. Harry didn’t have those red eyes, those eyes which at that very point in time, seemed to pierce me and look right into my soul.

“No point in hiding then I guess?”

Right in front of me, the figure I had come to admire so much, the figure who had stayed with us since the beginning changed into the saviour, though at this very moment that was the least of my concerns.

I stormed up to him and a loud echo protruded around the room as my hand met his face. Tears streamed down from my eyes. I was unsure of whether or not I should have kissed Harry but I would much rather kiss Harry than kiss a faker.

I adored Zayn, loved him for what he did to help me all those years ago though I loved Harry more and I loved Harry differently. I was still unsure completely of why I was so drawn to Harry, but I knew that Zayn stole that kiss, it belonged to Harry.

I knew from the beginning that Harry would never risk taking me out in public, but for some reason, since it was Harry or at least since I thought it was Harry, I didn’t mind.

He smirked and began walking towards me, his eyes glowed in the darkness, brighter than I had ever seen before and it scared me. He had told me his eyes got that way when he was hungry but they were dull the last time I saw them.

What did this new lustre and glow mean? Was this my inevitable end? If it was I was sure I would be avenged by Jordan, that much was certain.

I was quickly getting a headache and with all good reason-my head was pounding with all the emotions and thoughts that clouded my judgement.

As he reached me, he stood so close to me that I swore I was about to get another panic attack, but held my breath for as long as I could and closed my eyes. I cringed as I felt his hand brush down my jaw line and gently grab my chin. I could feel his watchful gaze move from my closed eyes to my lips and then back up again.

“Isn’t this how it was meant to be? I saved you all those years ago.”

My eyes opened slowly but I still refused to look at him in those red eyes that haunted me. Instead I stared wide eyed at the ground and let streams of tears fall down from my face to the ground.

“I thanked you for saving me, but you’re forgetting that Harry saved me too.”

I heard Zayn scoff and the second he made a little space between us, I began running for the door. I wasn’t afraid of Zayn himself as a person, or even for what he was, I was just afraid to be alone with him, alone with those eyes and I felt an overwhelming need to see Harry, more than usual giving the situation I was currently in.

Zayn stopped me and cut off my exit as I reached the door and I took a few more steps back. He wouldn’t be forgiven so easily, that much I was certain of.

He was clearly reading my mind as he lifted his hands up in a merciful way, showing me he meant no harm and I glared at him angrily. I had no idea what to do.

My head was spinning and my eyes felt like they were flickering around in my head. I couldn’t deal with what was happening, it was all just too much for me, too frightening.

“Change back into Harry!” I commanded which made him lift an eyebrow.

If I was going to go back to the house I needed to show Harry why I was hours late and now that it was night time he had to be scared and extremely worried for me.

“Change back into Harry!” I repeated once again, screaming it at Zayn who did what he was asked.

How could I be so stupid? Of course he knew how to play the part, he had known Harry for centuries, practically raised him.

We made our way back, I was walking so fast it could have easily turned into a run. Zayn walked a few metres behind me, making sure not to get too close but not to wonder off too far.

The minute I reached the fence, Harry zoomed up to me at vampire speed and hugged me.

He growled when he saw Zayn by my side, looking like Harry. I thought then that Harry knew exactly what had happened, that he knew Zayn had pretended to be him to get me alone with him.

“What the hell were you thinking?” He screamed at Zayn

Zayn quickly changed back into his normal self and grinned evilly, almost satanically.

“You should have seen her, Harry. That beauty in her eyes, the feel of her lips against mine, truly was fantasising.”

 Harry growled and threw him angrily against the rock next to the house, breaking it into two the second Zayn hit it. Jordan, who had previously been sitting in the house, ran out and bared his knife in his hand.

“What happened?” he asked quickly as he walked over to Harry and me.

Harry refused to say anything and so I looked down at the ground.

“Zayn pretended to be Harry and he kissed me.”

Within a matter of seconds, Zayn was standing in front of us with a sneaky smile on his face.

“And I’m not even sorry.”

I could see rage build up in Harry’s eyes at that exact moment. I had never seen him this way, he was genuinely concerned about me and as much as I loved that, I couldn’t help but feel like I was a possession of his, his favourite toy that was played with by another.

“Harry…”

He turned to me and his anger calmed as he looked into my eyes. That moment there was nothing I wanted more than to kiss him but I knew that I couldn’t, Jordan and Zayn both would make uproar and I couldn’t be the next Helen of Troy that was obviously not a good idea.

He could tell what I wanted, I knew that too. There was too much power he held over me, what with being able to read my mind and what not but he also knew just as well as I did that it wouldn’t be a good idea to try anything in our current predicament.

How did I, a simple seventeen year old girl, get stuck here? And in this situation no doubt. This entire day was beginning to form prejudice like a plague of the mind.

“Lily, come with me.”

And without a moment of hesitation, I followed him. He took me outside the border, away from watchful eyes and I smiled as I gazed into those real beautifully green eyes of his. Knowing Zayn wasn’t the man in front of me was the most satisfying feeling I had ever felt. Knowing this was actually Harry, calmed me down dramatically.

We both sat down on the soft grass and I explained what had happened earlier that day. Nothing happened between Harry and me that fateful night and I was glad by it. That entire day made me realise that I was not ready to have my heartstrings pulled at. I was nowhere near close to being ready.