Chapter 39-The Voice of Reason

I refused to look at any of them as Greta led me down the hall, being careful not to touch me and stood me in front of Ace’s door.

“That’s as much of a push I can give you, you decide if you want to knock or not.” She smiled sweetly and slithered her way back to Zayn’s side.

I stared at the object in front of me.

‘It’s just a door, Lily…knock…it’s just a piece of wood, how hard can it be?’

I was not in my right mind so I contemplated as I stood there. I chose Ace so as to not have a biased opinion but he was turned by Harry and he loved Harry, obviously I didn’t think this through at all, yet I still managed to somehow work up the courage to knock.

“You took your sweet time.” He smiled cheekily and moved to the side to let me walk in.

He locked the door behind us and motioned me to sit on the edge of his bed which I did obligingly.

“Now, I’m afraid I have to apologise in advance…”

Oh no, here it comes…he’s going to tell me he wouldn’t betray Harry or he can’t share any valuable information with me…great, just what I needed…

“I’m a new vampire, only a year old and that sounds like a long time but obviously not for a vampire so I’m sorry in advance if I read your mind at any time during this little chat. I don’t mean to and I know and agree that everyone’s thoughts, whether you’re human, vampire or other should be private, but because I’m so new at this, I can’t control myself 100% of the time…so please forgive me for that.”

That’s all? I thought he was going to say how loyal he was to Harry or apologise for being biased, or even apologise for their behaviour on their part…but…to my surprise…he was still extremely human and at the same time, wasn’t.

“So tell me, Lily…what’s the problem? You don’t know which to choose?”

My eyes widened and I snapped a look of worry at him. How did he know what my choices were? I thought I would have to explain it all to him. There was a slight moment of silence and when he caught on he began to laugh.

“Sorry, I told you I couldn’t control these powers. The castle is so quiet now that Zayn and Harry are gone and so whenever anyone talks I just pick up what they are saying so clearly whether I want to or not, so I’m deeply sorry, but I did hear everything that went on out there. I didn’t want to make things worse by interfering so I stayed out of it.”

I nodded understandingly and continued to answer the previous questions he had thrown at me.

“It’s not so much whether I should or should not make the choice but rather which one I will end up choosing and what the consequences will be…What happens if I want that other life? I couldn’t live with myself knowing I would be killing Zayn and Harry.” I began and he nodded back.

“And let me guess, you’re afraid that if you choose this world, that you will never be able to accept your brother in his new form and live in a world with such pain and sorrow.”

I nodded slowly.

“That’s exactly right…”

How was it that it took years for Harry, Jordan and Zayn to try and understand me, not even coming close and yet this man in front of me seemed to know me like that back of his hand? Were he and I extremely similar or something?

“And you are also afraid of the fact that if you choose this world, there will come a day when Jordan, Zayn and Harry realise you aren’t immortal and let’s face it…they won’t want to lose you, is this correct?”

I nodded once again. It’s amazing that this guy I hardly knew seemed to know me inside and out. I was truly in awe of him.

“My advice is…follow your heart. And trust me I know how that sounds, I mean, it’s not like we are fairies flying around some mystical golden tree, but it’s real advice and often needed most in desperate times like this.”

I laughed at his reference. He was a funny guy, so real in a time of war…and real was exactly what I needed right now. Though he was a vampire on the outside, I could clearly tell he was a human at heart.

“How am I meant to follow my heart when it’s torn up like this?”

He smiled and pointed down to it as he stared into my eyes caringly, like I knew he was really there for me and would really listen to me.

“It’s easier than you think. Just close your eyes and concentrate, what do you see, what do you hear, what do you feel?”

I did as he asked and closed my eyes gently.

“I see myself happy in a life without supernatural creatures, laughing with friends, driving out to dinner and ordering the most expensive thing on the menu because I can and I see…my parents, hugging me and well, being parents.”

I was surprised by my answer, as standard as it seemed that was what I dreamed of and as I opened my eyes and looked at him I saw him smiling down at me sweetly.

“That’s what I see too but you have a chance to make that come true so I think you just gave me your final answer.”

“But what about you? Won’t you disappear to?”

“That’s the beauty about it, I’m only a year old vampire so I will still be very much alive and look exactly the same in the other world, I just won’t be a vampire.” He grinned widely at that thought which made me giggle slightly.

“Would we be able to talk like this? I mean, I don’t want to see you if you are an asshole in the other world.”

He laughed softly.

“I’ll be exactly the same the only difference is I won’t be a vampire, I promise. But just in case we do bump into each other, you might want to stay clear of dragging me off to any ponds, lakes or even the beach.”

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“Because back before all this started, I fell into a lake and now I have a phobia of water so I doubt the removal of supernatural creatures will remove that.” He chuckled.

I nodded and left the room only to be quickly greeted by Greta.

“Yes?” She asked expectantly.

“I’ve made up my mind…”

Bloodstained Lilyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें