Chapter 27-I Don't Wanna Be Your Enemy

That night everyone remained silent. We all knew what Zayn had said was true and as much as we wanted not to, we had to agree with him, it would be naïve of us to ignore what he said. We all sat around the dimly lit fire, trying to push the moans and roars of the nearby zombies and vampires out of our mind and for a while it was working. My thoughts and emotions screamed over the top of them till they seemed like nothing but lines from a movie, predictable and over-used.

I watched as Jordan quickly got up and pulled a small box out of his pocket before disappearing behind the hut. I watched as smoke lifted away from where he was hidden but I didn’t say or do anything as I suspected he was starting his own fire to get away from us or at least trying to concoct something that could potentially save us, that’s what he was known for, his optimistic thinking…

 I looked across to Harry as he stared at the ground, refusing to look at me.

“Harry…”

As he slowly looked up at me, I saw pools of water form themselves in his eyes and shamelessly, he let them fall down his cheeks whilst I gazed at him with a soft smile, worried that if I didn’t, the man in front of me would break.

“Lily, I can’t tell you how sorry I am…That man that Zayn described, it’s not the real me, you know that right?”

I placed my hand over his and smiled gently as two more tears dropped their way down from his eyes onto the ground below him.

“Do you honestly think I would be with you if I thought differently?”

He used his remaining hand to wipe his eyes before smiling at me innocently. Even with his red, blotchy eyes and tear stained cheeks his smile was sweet and not at all off-putting, in a way it was kind of adorable. I had never seen him so vulnerable like this and in a way it made me feel special, the fact that only I could do this to him.

Whilst this was happening, I had no idea of the trouble Jordan had gotten himself into. He put out the light he had set and threw a white object on the ground before stepping on it, making sure it was properly put out. He walked inside the house and towards the mirror Zayn had picked out for him. It was surrounded by this beautiful floral pattern around its rim and a message that said ‘Soldier on Warrior!’ planted across the top of it. At the time we first saw it, we laughed but now it seemed kind of appropriate.

He lifted his shirt off and touched the tender skin around the red blood that continued to slowly drip out of his fresh and extremely clean wound that spread its way across his chest, a single line of blood that spanned across his torso for about seven or eight centimetres.

Harry quickly drew back, his mouth open slightly and his eyes scanning the ground to his right left worriedly.

“Harry, what is it?” I asked frantically.

I knew that when he gave that look it was never good news. I thought instantly that it was something that had happened to Zayn but it obviously wasn’t as Zayn was just across the way taunting the creatures that tried so desperately to spit at him, ending only millimetres short and making him laugh sinisterly.

“It’s Jordan, he’s been scratched…” Harry looked up at me and I didn’t need to be told any more.

With that look on Harry’s face and the single line he just fed me, I knew what would happen if we didn’t fix Jordan.

“How much time?” I asked worriedly.

He paused and I repeated it again but louder.

“Three days. Unlike vampires and zombies bites it takes a lot longer to process and sink into his blood.”

Before he had time to say anything else I got up and stormed inside, walking into Jordan’s bathroom desperately hoping it was all a lie and he quickly threw his shirt on as I walked in but not before I could see the scratch across his chest. Nervously, he ran his hands through his golden hair and looked at me fearfully.

“Why were you so stupid?!”

I began hitting him on his chest, somehow expecting that to slow down or even stop the process.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen! I was worried about you! You’re not as strong as Harry or Zayn or even me, I don’t want my sister dying out there!”

“Not as strong as you?! At least I am still human!”

“So am I…”

“NOT FOR LONG!”

What had first started off as a raised voice had now in the span of two seconds turned into screaming and it caught both Jordan and I off guard. Why was I being so violent? I didn’t hate supernaturals as much as he did but the thought of losing my brother to something as brutal as a werewolf didn’t thrill me.

“I’m going to find a cure. You can bet on it.”

“And what happens if you don’t find a cure?! What happens if there is no cure?!”

“Then I will do the right thing…the human thing…”

He walked past me and my eyes widened.

“Jordan? Jordan! What do you mean the right human thing?!”

I ran up to him but he ignored me as I tried so desperately to grab his arm and he flicked me away. Knowing Jordan, whatever he was planning couldn’t be good and it scared me the way his brain worked. I finally managed to stop him when he was standing in the entrance.

“Don’t worry, Lily…you won’t be sister to a beast…I promise…”

Sorry it’s a short chapter guys, I recently went to the One Direction concert in Sydney and didn’t get home till 1am :P So I’ve been a little out of it since then and just the experience was enough to drag me away from my computer screen but anyway sorry for the delay, make sure you vote and comment and another chapter will be up tomorrow :)