Chapter 34-The Innocence of Love

I woke, not realising I had fallen asleep in the first place and immediately my heart dropped. Yelling echoed throughout all walls and even though the voices were slightly faded, I could still pick out who was Zayn and who was Harry.

I loved that small couple of seconds when I was innocent, when I had no idea what they could have been fighting about but then it dawned on me…no, he couldn’t possibly have found out, could he? When I tried focusing, the voices finally became clearer than anything.

“What did you do, Zayn? You think just because some witch cast a spell on you three hundred years ago that you two belong together?! She isn’t just some doll you can toy with! Why can’t you understand that?!”

Oh no…I quickly stood up and ran out to them, holding my hand out to Harry to try and calm him down. Before I could reach them, Harry ran to my side and slowly moved behind me, grabbing my shoulders so hard it took every muscle in my body to stop myself from screaming.

“Harry, please…”

He leant down to my ear and loosened his grip before moving his arms down to just below my neck and gently wrapping them around it before hugging me tightly against his chest. It made me cry, this position, this stance seemed so weak as if he was begging me for something.

“Please don’t leave me. I can’t bear the thought of losing my heart. Remember the rose? Don’t let it wither away…it wasn’t just a physical symbol of my love, it was metaphoric. I gave you my heart and you accepted it, don’t you see that?”

My movement made him lower his arms down to his sides and as I turned around I saw streams of tears running down his face like a waterfall.

“I do see that. But Harry…this thought of me leaving you? It’s naïve. I will never leave you. You didn’t just give me your heart that day, I gave you mine too.” I smiled and something lit up in his eyes and he quickly grabbed my shoulders before making my head crash into his chest in the tightest, most possessive hug I ever did receive.

I didn’t mind though, I enjoyed it and felt relief lift me up. I put my arms around his back and held him just as tightly as he was holding me, if that was in any way possible.

“Stop pressuring her…”

We parted and looked at Zayn who was staring down at the ground and clenching his fists so tightly that his palms started to bleed.

“Harry! If you keep pulling little stunts like this then you aren’t giving her any room to admit to herself the truth!” Zayn lifted his head, glared at Harry and snarled which sounded like a mixture between a demon and Satan himself.

Harry pushed me behind him and continued to return Zayn’s glare, not so much as blinking though I could see his chest rise and fall violently with anger.

“And what exactly does she need to admit?” I hid behind Harry as Zayn’s expression was too painful to look out.

Why couldn’t Zayn just keep his mouth shut and not say anything? It’s not like what happened previously would ever happen again.

“Face it, Harry…she is in love with me and you know it!”

Harry growled and ran up to him before being thrown over to the front of the house and breaking the side of the wall. Zayn smirked at him and as I turned from the direction he had been thrown to where Zayn was standing, I jumped. Zayn was now directly in front of me, closer than my liking.

Harry quickly stood up and began walking over to us but Zayn simply snaked his hand around my waste and just before Harry reached us, Zayn whizzed us off to god knows where whilst Harry turned around frantically, his face looked like it would melt from anger, rage and worry.

He quickly ran back into the house and pulled out his mobile which he kept locked in the top drawer of his bedside table and quickly pounded his fingers against the buttons before holding it up to his ear and bopping up and down quickly,  unable to contain his uneasiness.

“Jordan, mate I know you’ve just woken up in a strange place, don’t worry, it’s called a hospital.

Harry quickly pulled the phone away from his ear as a scream coming from the other end filled the room.

“I KNOW WHAT A HOSPITAL IS YOU DAFT, DULL, PATHETIC, INSOLENT-”

“That’s great, Zayn has kidnapped Lily now I need you to come to grips with your new strength and hurry the fuck up and get here before I snap your spine with my own hands!” Harry cut him off before he could finish and his rage heightened with every second that passed.

He quickly ended the call and dropped the phone on the ground before leaving the house and racing off somewhere…