Chapter 40-The Broken Pieces of a Heart

I crossed my arms as Harry followed me down the hall, walking quickly by my side and Jordan at the other whilst Greta held Zayn in place back at the other end of the hall.

“Lily, you can’t be serious! What about you and me, what about us?” Harry’s voice trembled. I had never seen him so uneasy before but I didn’t have time to be worrying about anyone but myself.

My whole life I’ve been protecting others, now it’s time I did something for me.

“What about everything we promised each other? Lily, I love you! Don’t leave me like this!”

“Stop it Harry!”

I stopped walking and turned to face him before glaring at him. Jordan touched my shoulder gently but I viciously shrugged him off all the while continuing to stare angrily at Harry and then it all fell silent.

“I’m tired…I’m tired of picking up everyone else’s broken pieces. I love you that much I know but I am tired of feeling this helpless. Can’t you understand that all I want is reassurance? All I want is to know what my life would have been like without all the beasts!”

“And what if you choose to stay there? What will happen between us?”

“I don’t know! Everyone please just stop trying to weasel your way into my brain! I’m doing this for me, okay?! Case closed!”

Jordan jumped in front of me as I tried to walk away and blocked the path ahead of me.

“You know me better than anyone, so you should know I’m not going to let you do this!”

“I used to know you…”

His look softened to breaking point and I thought the man in front of me would shatter into a million shards but at that point in time, I must have had a heart of ice because I didn’t even care.

“Don’t do this Lily, please! I may be selfish and we may have our ups and downs but I can’t lose you!” Harry pleaded so I looked at him with stone cold eyes.

“You already have…”

His eyes widened and his head shook slightly.

“What are you saying?”

“I love you Harry and it is because of this reason that we can’t be together. I’m done, we’re over.”

Tears started forming in his eyes and his head shaking became more vigorous. I began walking away and he continued to speed walk by my side to keep up with my pace, though since he was a vampire I doubt it was difficult for him.

“If you love me then why are you giving up on me? We have something great, Lily!”

“HAD something great…I can’t bear to deal with heartbreak and knowing one day you’ll turn me into a vampire isn’t exactly something I can deal with…”

“You’re fine with us though! You don’t have this undying hatred for us like he does!”

He pointed back to Jordan who remained standing in the spot I had left him broken.

“I’m fine with who you are and what you are but I’m not fine with being one of you…”

I continued walking and he kept up this pleading behaviour.

“If you quit now then what will happen when you wake up in twelve days time?”

My eyes widened. Twelve days?

“A year of you there is only twelve days here, plus we can see into your mind, your memories, we can see everything…So if you leave me now and decide to stay here then what will happen to us in twelve days?”

I paused. I hadn’t thought of that, but even his pleading and what he said wasn’t enough to get me to change my mind. I loved him, I loved everything about him which was why this was the most difficult thing I had to do…but it was also the right thing to do…for both of us…

“A lot can happen in a year, who knows? Maybe I’ll come back missing you more than I already do, maybe I’ll come back and dive into your arms…maybe I…maybe I won’t come back at all…”

He furrowed his eyebrows and bared his teeth slightly.

“No, I will not lose you! You are going to come back, please Lily! I don’t care if you say you never want to see me again, I don’t care if you come back and want to be a vampire, I don’t care just…just please…come back, because I can’t bear the thought of losing you or never even having met you…”

A tear escaped my eye and I smiled at him pitifully.

“Like I said…a lot can happen…”

I began walking away leaving him standing there and just as I was about to walk into a room Greta had assigned me to rest for the night, Harry called out to me.

“Marry me, Lily!”

My eyes widened. What did he just say? He couldn’t be serious! I turned around and looked at him, tears streaming down his face and the look of horror that brushed over it gave me chills. I never wanted to see him like that but this was my one chance to make a decision for me, not for anyone else, why couldn’t they see that?

“Marry me, Lily…”

______________________________________________________________________________

A surprise chapter upload! ^^ Hope you guys are enjoying it so far, I am nearing the end of the novel in case you haven't guessed but there will be a sequel, I know this for certain because I've already written the first five chapters of it. Please let me know how you guys are feeling about the story so far and if you have any comments/opinions on the story so far, feel free to write them in the comments below and yeah :) have fun ^^