Chapter Seven

Zach's POV

Amber and I walked out of the pack house hand in hand. We walked down the porch steps, in an over-whelmed silence. I need answers and I need them now. I decided to break the silence and get my answers from Amber. "Did you know that she was your cousin?" I asked Amber, while trying to avoid eye contact.

Amber stiffened at my question and took a brief pause before answering. "Kind of. I mean I didn't know she was your half mate, but I did know that Katy was the Royal Wolf. I should've put two and two together but I just shrugged it off." Amber replied hesitantly at my question.

That clearly means Luke knew that Katy was his half cousin. He was still out to get her. Why? "Did Luke know she was his cousin?" I asked, this time my body stiffened at the thought of Luke. I maybe be going back with Amber but I'm not 100% comfortable with the idea of being near Luke.

Amber let out a loud sigh before answering. "Yes." 

"What so why would he attack his own cousin?" As anger raged through me, what kind of person attacks there own family: even if there not related by blood.

Amber's eyes filled with hurt: which caused my wolf to get upset. "It's complicated, but trust me Luke had his reasons." 

"What were his reasons?" I questioned.

"Okay but  this can't get repeated... ok?" Amber asked with hesitance, I nodded. My wolf was happy that she trusted us, even if there was a little bit of hesitance.

"Well Katy was 7 at the time and I was 5. I'm sure you've heard that Katy's parents hated her, well everyone in the pack did. She went through a lot, but you already know that. I loved Katy like my own sister, she loved my too. We would play games around the house and well we liked each other company. One day we were playing tag and I was at the top of the stairs, Katy was behind me and you clearly know Drew: he was the tagger. Katy and I had no idea where he was.. but we soon found out, he creeped up behind Katy and scared her, she yelped in shock which caused my to yelp too, my foot slipped and I fell down the stairs." Amber paused and took a large breath out air. "When I woke up I forgot everything: I lost my memory. I mean I know if I lost my memory how did I remember that.. well actually I don't know if that's the true story but it's always what I've been told. After a few months my parents found out that they couldn't have anymore children: I don't know why. They decided to adopt a human baby: my brother Luke. He instantly fell in love with me and protected me: like every big brother should. When he was 15 I was 10, my parents told Luke about what Katy did to me, and yes they did blame everything on Katy. Luke was furious: he vowed to get revenge on her. I know I told him to leave her alone, but he won't rest until she's dead." Amber finished her story and tears were streaming down her face. 

Katy caused my mate to loose her memory, my wolf was pissed he wanted to rip her to shreds. I didn't I mean it's not even her fault, it's clearly Drew's. The thought of Luke killing Katy bothered me: I mean sure Amber's my mate that doesn't mean that I don't care about Katy.

I wiped her tears and lifted her chin up so she was looking at me. "Baby, please stop crying. I hate seeing you cry. Please for me stop." I said and kissed her forehead. Amber nodded her head weekly, I looked into her eyes and eventually I was looking at her lips. She caught my drift and crashed her lips into mine. I deepened the kiss and she jumped up and her legs were wrapped around my torso. My hands were on her ass, and her hands were around my neck. I licked her bottom lip for entrance and she granted it. I explored her mouth for a while. Amber then sadly pulled away: we were both left breathless. I carved more of her and he wolf. 

Our foreheads were rested on each others. "We should probably get going." Amber said while panting and jumping out of my hands. I smiled and nodded. 

Katy's POV

"I'm going for a run." I finally said and ran out of front door. I shifted in mid air. I followed Zach and Amber's scent Call me creepy and a stalker but come on, I need to know what there talking about. I followed the scent for a while they were almost at the end of the pack border. I started running faster.

After running for what felt like ages I stopped when I saw them. I shifted and hid behind a tree. I didn't have to be to close because I could hear them with my werewolf hearing.

All I could hear was Zach asking questions about Luke and Amber. 

Then I heard something that made my body freeze. Zach just asked Amber why Luke hated me.

"Well Katy was 7 at the time and I was 5. I'm sure you've heard that Katy's parents hated her, well everyone in the pack did. She went through a lot, but you already know that. I loved Katy like my own sister, she loved my too. We would play games around the house and well we liked each other company. One day we were playing tag and I was at the top of the stairs, Katy was behind me and you clearly know Drew: he was the tagger. Katy and I had no idea where he was.. but we soon found out, he creeped up behind Katy and scared her, she yelped in shock which caused my to yelp too, my foot slipped and I fell down the stairs." Amber paused for a second. "When I woke up I forgot everything: I lost my memory. I mean I know if I lost my memory how did I remember that.. well actually I don't know if that's the true story but it's always what I've been told. After a few months my parents found out that they couldn't have anymore children: I don't know why. They decided to adopt a human baby: my brother Luke. He instantly fell in love with me and protected me: like every big brother should. When he was 15 I was 10, my parents told Luke about what Katy did to me, and yes they did blame everything on Katy. Luke was furious: he vowed to get revenge on her. I know I told him to leave her alone, but he won't rest until she's dead." Amber said as I heard her soft sobs.

My blood was boiling. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TOLD HER THAT! THAT WASN'T EVEN WHAT HAPPENED!!! Before anything else could happen I shifted and ran, I ran as fast as I could, I never looked back.

_______

Sorry for the not so fequent updates my chickens! I'll be back super soon.. just count to.. um 98147349835835 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

- Strictly Confidential