Chapter Two

Hayden's POV

"Uncle Hayden, can you take me on the slide?" Ashton asked and began tugging on my arm.

"Sure Ash." I picked up Ash and put him on top of the slide and allowed him to slide down. 

"What else would you like to do?" I asked as I helped him up.

"The swings!" He screamed, how did I not see that coming? The swings are his favourite!

He held on to my hand as we walked to the swings. I helped him on to the swing and then did his belt.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yes." Ashton said with excitement.

I began pushing the swing from the back. I can't wait until Lori and I have pups together! if we have a girl we'll name her.. WAIT NO I have to consider Lori's opinion. Stupid Hayden, I mentally face-palmed myself.

"Uncle Hayden!!!!" Ashton screamed. I hadn't noticed he was calling me because I was so lost in though.

"Yeah? Sorry Ash." I replied.

"Who's that? He's been looking at us for ages now." Ash said while pointing at him.

"Hey, Ash don't point. Let's go home just incase." I said as I stopped the swing to undo his belt.

I quickly undid his belt and grabbed his hand and walked back to the pack house.

I sniffed the air to try and put a scent to the man, but nothing. Didn't even know if he was a werewolf. Although I could sense his presence following us. Should I confront him or just ignore him and try and get back to the pack house as soon as possible. No I should mind-link Katy.

'Katy?' I spoke through the link.

'Yeah?' She replied.

'I'm bringing Ash home now, but there's someone following us. He was watching us in the park like a stalker. I can't smell his scent. I think he might be a hunter but I can't be sure.' I said with confusion

'Okay, just come home as soon as possible. How far are you?' Katy asked with nothing but worry.

'At least 10 minutes I'd day.' I replied unconfidently.

'Hayden listen, and listen carefully. If he's still following you right now, don't confront him and don't react. I'm going to start walking towards the park, I'll meet you half way ok?' She said.

'Yup see you soon.' I replied and blocked the link.

Ashton was gripping my hand tightly I could feel his nerves, he was terrified. I gave his hand a squeeze hoping it would reassure him that everything was going to be ok. Instead it just made him jump, he was shit scared. I picked up Ashton and held him close to me.

"Hey Ash, everything's going to be ok. I won't let anyone hurt you." I whispered to him hoping again that it would calm him down.

"Why is he following us?" Ashton asked quietly with a terrified expression.

"I don't know, but trust me everything will be fine. Nothing is going to happen to you. I promise." I whispered to him in an ever lower voice. I could tell the 'stalker' was getting closer to us. So I picked up the pace and began walking faster, and so did he.

I turned a corner and bumped into someone.

"Oh Katy, Drew it's you. Sorry." I said and sighed in relief.

"Where's this guy?" Drew asked.

"He was behind us just a second ago." I replied quietly.

I turned around and saw a man standing there. He was wearing black, you could just see his face. He has jet black hair, emerald green eyes that had some gold specks. When he saw Drew and Katy with Ashton and I he turned around and walked away. Actually he ran away.

"What the f-." I was about to say when Katy slapped the back of my head.

"Right, what the brownies." I thought of that on the spot.

"He was a hunter." Katy said.

"How can you tell?" Drew asked.

"All black, mysterious, un-usual eyes and because my wolf can sense anyone." Katy said. "He isn't just any hunter, he is powerful, I can sense his power. He's stronger then an alpha, power, and demand drips from his body. I can tell you that." Katy said then rolled her eyes and she took Ashton out of my arms.

"He's a threat." I said.

"Right, let's go back to the house we should tell Jordan, maybe he's heard about him." Drew suggested.

"Yeah because Jordan knows a guy that we saw on the street. We don't even know anything about it sorry him..." Katy said dramatically.

"Relax Katy, he's just suggesting something! Unless you have something better." I defended Drew.

"Your right sorry Drew, I'm just a bit nervous about this guy is all." Katy apologised.

"It's fine, I guess all 3 sorry 4 of us are nervous." Drew said and then put his hand on Katy's shoulder.

"Okay well let's go home and figure this sh- sugar out." I stopped myself from swearing.

Katy and Drew chuckled and began walking away.

5-10 minutes later:

Katy Drew, and I began searching for Jordan. 

'Jordan where are you?' I mind-linked him.

'In my office.' He replied."He's in his office." I said to Drew and Katy.

"Okay Ash, I want you to go and play, but promise me you'll stay inside the house?" Katy kneeled in front of Ashton and asked him.

"I promise mummy." Ashton replied with a kiss on the cheek and then ran of.

"Let's go." I said and emphasised on the 'O'

I led the way into Jordan's office, with Katy and Drew trailing right behind me. I knocked on the door and heard a 'come in.'

"Hey Jords." I said and sat on one of the couches.

"What's up guys?" Jordan asked.

"Well, something happened..." I started off.

"What exactly happened? You didn't break the T.V again did you?" Jordan asked as he put one of his hands in his fcae.

"No, and that was once." I defended myself.

"Enough guys. Hayden explain to Jordan exactly what happened." Katy said demandingly. What's gotten into her? I love her but she's being so demanding and rude. I shook the thought away and began explaining.

"Okay well..." It took like 5 minutes to explain what happened and to describe what the guy looked like.

"Oh shit. Your sure he had emerald green eyes with gold specks?" Jordan asked with a mix of emotions: worry, stress and anger.

"Positive. Why?" I replied.

"Well the guy you saw is a hunter. He's the strongest hunter today, stronger then all the alpha's including me.. sadly. That's besides the point.. he can rip anyone to shreds in just seconds, well maybe not Katy but anyone else is as good as gone. He's clearly out to destroy Katy. Since she's the strongest, it's going to be challenging for him. So he's targeting us... Katy's loved ones." Drew sighed.

"What's his name?" Drew asked.

"I don't know if it's correct, but from what I've been told he goes by the name Luke. I don't know his last name." Jordan replied.

"We have to be extra careful of this guy. He is dangerous and I won't risk my family's life." Katy said while her eyes turned purple and gold. Her wolf is mad, this can't be good.

_______

Thanks for the feedback on this book so far! :)

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

- Strictly Confidential