Chapter Twenty-Three

Katy's POV

I just can't get a break can I? Moon Goddess I seriously am considering dying right now. I snapped out of my daydream when Drew's hands found my cheeks. He cupped my cheeks in his hands. "We'll get through this I promise, we always do." He said and kissed the tip of my nose and then crown of my head.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

"I love you too." He replied and pecked my lips.

"Alright let's take this down to Jordan." I took Drew's hand in mine and pulled him down stairs.

"JORDS!?" I yelled as I reached the kitchen.

"The alpha is in his office." A lady that was in the kitchen preparing food answered with a genuine smile.

She looked to be in her mid 40s, although she could easily pass of as a 27 year old. She has beautiful, she had jet black long hair, that reached a little past her shoulders. Her piercing bright green eyes were exquisite. She was tanned, like she'd just gotten back form the beach. It wasn't too dark and wasn't to light; she was what I would call perfect. She looked to be 5'9, which if you ask me is pretty tall. She had a little mascara and lip-gloss on from what I could tell, and she gave out that motherly vibe.

"Thank you, I'm Ka-" I was cut off before I could continue.

"I know, I'm Susan." She explained, whilst giving me another smile, you could she her pearly whites.

"So, you cook the pack food?" I asked of curiosity.

"Yes, you see I have always loved cooking; so I volunteered." Susan said with enthuse.

"Me too, I use to have to do it all the time my old pack. I don't regret it though, because I absolutely love it now, though I never really get the time to do it anymore." I said as memories of my old life came back. I quickly shook them away. "Do you reckon I could lend a hand sometimes? If you don't mind that is." I smiled and graciously asked.

"I would love that." She said and pulled me into a much needed hug. I hugged her back and soon pulled away.

"Well, I need to go to talk to Jordan, so I better get going; but I'll join you later." I smiled and waved goodbye.

She murmured a goodbye and waved back. I pulled Drew who had been standing next to me the whole time with me.

"You know you could've introduced me to her." Drew smirked.

"Yeah about that.." I chuckled nervously. "I didn't want to be embarrassed..." I jokingly teased. I also kind of lied, because I had forgotten that Drew was present; I was so indulged into the convertsation that I forgot oops.

Drew held a hand over his chest. "That hurt Kitty Kat."

I stood on my tippy toes slightly and wrapped my arms around his neck, as his hands instantly wrapped around my waist and gently brushed my lips against his, after a few growls and a little and pecked his lips and ran into Jordan's office. I could hear Drew calling for me, but I kept running.

I barged into Jordan's office. "JORDAN!!" I yelled

"Katy are you okay? What's wrong? Is someone hurting you, I swear to god I will kill whoever is harassing me mate..." I froze. Nothing made sense, he was mated to Megan. He can't have feelings for me; then again he's an alpha. I was surprised when he agreed on the rejection considering how possessive alpha's are. It's like his wolf just turned on and something clicked inside of him.

I could feel the tension rising in the air, then all of a sudden, Drew burst into the room. "Katy, don't tease me like that." Drew said warningly.

I smiled innocently and mumbled a sorry.