~∆~

Over two thousand years ago there was a Kingdom of ice and magic

Over two thousand years ago there was a Kingdom of ice and magic. Hidden behind snowy glaciers and mountains on the same plane of Caracaras but miles away.

It belonged to the elves of black blood - dragon blood. The kind, Aelrindel, (Ale-rin-del) and the Queen, Alanis, ruled the kingdom.

Aelrindel was of royal blood. An elf-born child, cousin to Lady Galadriel. He was a descendant of one of the first Elven Lords, but his Great Grandfather, Amenadeil, became a traitor to the Crown and fled to the icy mountains which is now called Penathor.

He rebuilt his kingdom with the help of men, elves and dwarves. Aelrindel swore to everyone he would rule with love and loyalty, like his great Grandfather should have done. And he did with his wife Raláena. 

Raláena was a queen born in the year of lamps not long before Galadriel princess of Noldor was born in the years of trees. She was born from a line mixed with serpent/reptile blood - Dragon blood. She was a shapeshifter. Aelrindel and her ruled together until elven lords became suspicious of her and accused her of being a witch or an elven mage. They did not want her on the throne, so Aelrindel with his hand being forced faked the death of Raláena, but in the reality she was kept away in the caves in the glaciers along with Dragons. 

Years before this had happened she birthed four children. 

Samrion, who was the eldest, was born with both dragon and elvish blood. But he did not have the ability to shape shift like his mother, but a curse. That when he became a certain age he will turn into a murderous dragon and without a cure he will remain in that form. 

And twins, a boy and girl named Aeradriel and Virion. 

Aeradriel was the eldest of the two. She would take the throne after her older brother if he ruled before he turned. She had again, both dragon and elvish blood. But the dragon blood was not as amplified as Samrion's or their mother's. She had the ability to walk through fire and hide anything on her person like weapons. 

Virion who was younger by three minutes was not set out for the throne, but a warrior. He had the same blood as Aeradriel and could walk through fire, but he had the ability to see what could be in the future. He used his skill in fighting to kill the creatures in the dark. He was an assassin. 

Theran, the youngest of the siblings, was also trained to be a fighter, but he did have a claim to the throne. He was born with just elvish blood, but he was still titled as a dragonborn though he had only half the blood of one. 

When Aeradriel turned 346

A year after Raláena was sent to the caves, an orc leader named Olur set out to kill the line of Idhross which was the line of the dragon born. He was the father of Azog hence the pale orc wanting revenge in the later years. Olur was killed by the hand of Aeradriel and Samrion, who were fighting in their father's stead who was injured.

Years after that, Aelrindel married an elvish Mage named Alanis who only married for the power and position of Penathor. She tortured Samrion and even worse to Aeradriel. Virion was barely in Penathor to have anything done to him as he was always killing the creatures in the night. Theron stayed with his birth mother. She adopted a half elleth naming her Gilraen. 

When Azog gathered enough of his legions to storm Penathor he got revenge for his father's death. He joined forces with Alanis who was already planning the death of the zaldrīzes line. Aeradriel, Virion and Theron who were staying in Mirkwood at the time were too late to arrive and stop the attack as Alanis had already killed the king and Azog had fled back to where he came. 

In result, Aeradriel became her true self. Her eyes turned purple and Alanis was burned in dragon fire.

She ordered Penathor be turned away and hidden from middle earth. But knowing she could not be on the throne she, Virion, Theron and Gilraen ventured away from their home and set out in the lands of Middle earth. 

Gilraen left soon after to Minas Tirith where she married Arathorn. 

However, years later on a winters night Aeradriel sneaked away leaving her brothers alone and worried. She did that in hopes of leaving her problems and a certain someone in the past. Or so she thought...

Picture below is how I imagine Penathor, but you can imagine it however you want.