Chapter Nine : Out of the frying pan

"What's that?" 

"What's that?" 

Third Person's POV 

Bofur pointed to his belt,  Bilbo looked down and pulled the elvish sword partway out of its sheath. It was glowing a non-earthly glow. 

Aeradriel jumped up, sword in hand, as the ground started to rumble. Thorin got up as well as the sound got louder - like a strange machinery. "Wake up! Wake up!" But before anyone could react, the cave floor collapsed downwards.

The entire company fell down a Shute, sliding through the tunnels and passages. They fell into a crudely built wooden cage. Aeradriel looked to see a horde of goblins running towards them, she sheaths her sword and puts her hand on the necklace around her neck. Muttering something under her breath, her weapons and bag become invisible - even to touch - then puts her hood up as the goblin creatures begin to search them. 

Fili noticed her weapons gone and she puts a finger to her lips, signalling not to say anything and partially telling that she has a plan. The dwarves' weapons were taken away as they all were led through vast networks and tunnels until they came upon a weakly built platform. That held the throne of the Goblin King. It consisted of skulls and bones of the unfortunate souls that were dragged there and poorly made ornaments. 

Sat upon it was the king, he was more repulsive and considerably larger than the rest. "I feel a song coming on!" He shouted and as he did, groups of goblins gathered around holding weirdly made instruments. 

"Snip snap, the black crack

Grip, grab, pinch and nab

Batter and beat

Milk 'em, stammer and squeak!

Pound, pound, far underground

Down, down, down in Goblin town

With a swish and smack. 

And a whip and a crack

Everybody talks when they're on track

Pound, pound, far underground

Down, down, down in Goblin Town

Hammer and torch, get your knockers and gongs

You won't last long on the end of my prongs

Clish, clash, crush and smash

Bang, break, shiver and shake. 

You can yell and yelp

But their ain't no help

Pound, pound, far underground

Down, down, down in Goblin Town!" 

He finished singing and turned around facing them, wheezing a coughing.