Chapter One : At Your Service

Third person's POV

Third person's POV

The group of dwarves settle into the hobbit's home laughing, drinking and eating awaiting the arrival of their leader. Thorin Oakenshield. Gandalf, looking uneasy, stands up and starts to walk over to the young hobbit when a knock on the door brought silence upon the once noisy rabble.

"Is he here? "

"Gandalf?"

"No, I will have no more dwarves in my house"

Strings of complaints in confusion fled out of their mouths as the wizard made his way for the door. He opened it and it was not who or what any of them expected.

"Mithrandir, This is the home of the hobbit is it not?" A soft yet royal and commanding voice asked.

A women dressed in black pants, black boots, grey corset, black tunic, grey overcoat, black cloak and her white hair in a tight plait, draped down her shoulder. Armed with a sword strapped to her side, two pairs of daggers strapped to each leg, a pair of matching katanas, a bow and a quiver full of black and gold arrows. A dark leather bag was hung from her shoulder as she stood.

Her cloak covered most of her face, but you could see the smirk that danced upon her lips as she tilted her head to look at the wizard in front of her.

"My lady, I thought you would never arrive" Gandalf chuckled lightly and stepped forward letting her enter the hobbit's home.

The women looked around and saw the faces of the dwarves.

Confusion

Shock

Anger

Her smirk grew larger as she turned to the hobbit.

"I am no dwarf. Master hobbit" She let her hood fall, revealing the rest of her hair and her ears. Her elf ears which had the green print of her homeland on. Penathor. Her purple eyes scanned the room.

The dwarves gasp and start to question in angry and confused tones.

The young hobbit looked embarrassed and confused at how she heard him, but she signalled to her ears making everything clear.

"I'm sorry, my lady. May I take your cloak?" He squeaked out, looking up at the emotionless faced elf. He was clearly intimidated by the amount of weapons she had attached to her and her steely gaze.

"I'd rather I keep it on" She looking at him briefly before Gandalf began to speak.

"Come Mellon {friend} let us get you something to eat" The wizard offered and gestured for her to follow him into the kitchen.

The dwarves stared at her with wide eyes. Who was she? Why was an elf here? They began to whisper to themselves as they began to take their seats back at the dining table. A fury of noise beginning to start up.