Chapter Eleven : The Carrock.

Aeradriel's POV 

Aeradriel's POV 

"Thorin!" Fili shouted looking at his uncle's limp body. 

I sat up straighter to get an idea as to where the eagles were taking us and in front was the Carrock. A massive rock structure shaped like a bear. The eagle carrying Thorin gently laid him down on the  rocky surface, his sword lying next to him. 

The company also land as Gandalf and I rush over to the unconscious Thorin. 

He was unresponsive, making me worry even more as Gandalf placed his hand over Thorin's face - muttering softly. I watch anxious but sigh in relief when his eyes open. 

"The halfling?" He questioned weakly. 

"It's alright, Bilbo is here. He is quite safe" I told him reassuringly as Kili and Dwalin helped him up.  He shrugged them off, passing both Gandalf and I, approaching the hobbit. 

"You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you will not survive in the wild and that you have no place amongst us?" He said as he neared close to the terrified and worried hobbit. "I have never been so wrong in my life!" He finished before pulling Bilbo into his embrace. The dwarves cheering while Gandalf and I smiled.

"I'm sorry I doubted you" He apologized pulling away as Bilbo shook his head. 

"No, I would've doubted me too. I'm not a hero or a warrior... not even a burglar" He smiled as we all chuckled at him. Happy that they are becoming two in friendship. 

"Is that what I think it is?" Bilbo asked striding forward. 

Following his gaze, Erebor stood in the distance, noticeable by a single, solitary peak. 

"Erebor, the lonely mountain" I smiled at Thorin who looked genuinely happy. 

"The last of the great dwarven kingdoms of Middle-Earth" Gandalf added. 

"Our home"Thorin muttered. 

"A raven!" Oin pointed to a bird that was flying past. "The birds are returning to the mountain"

"That, my dear Oin, is a thrush" The wizard informed as we watched the bird fly towards the mountain. 

"But we will take it as a sign - a good omen" Thorin said as some of the dwarves nodded. 

"You're right, I do believe that the worst is behind us" 

Oh, Bilbo Baggins. You never say that...