Chapter Twenty-Nine : Army of Elves

~☆~

~☆~

Third Person's POV - Dale

The next day, the people of Laketown woke and started to tend to the wounded and share what little food and water they had. Bard walked up to Alfrid who was on night watch. 

"Morning Alfrid, what news from the night watch?" He asked. 

"All quiet, sire. Not much to report" Alfrid answered before opening his eyes and standing up. "Nothing gets past me" 

He followed Bard outside only to find him stood standing gazing out into the courtyard. 

"Except and army of elves it would seem" The courtyard is packed full of Mirkwood elves dressed in full golden battle gear, standing in perfectly ordered lines. The people of Laketown began coming out of their buildings and see the elves.

Bard walks down the steps and approaches the elves, some lines of which turn and step back to make a pathway for him. As he exits out the bank of elves, King Thranduil rides up on his steed.

"My Lord, Thranduil. We did not look to see you here" Bard greeted him with a confused look.

"I heard you needed aid" Thranduil turned, looking at a wagon that is pulling up; it is loaded with food and drink for the people. The people of Laketown smile and cheer, and begin unloading the cart with the elves' help. Bard approaches the Elven King gratefully. 

"You have saved us! I do not know how to thank you" He smiled

"Your gratitude is misplaced. I did not come on your behalf" Thranduil's voice turned cold as his face set into a glare. "I came to reclaim something of mine" He turned again and signalled for his troops to march. 

"Wait! Please wait!" Bad ran up to him. "You would go to war over a handful of gems?" 

"The heirlooms of my people are not lightly forsaken" He answered still watching his troops. 

"We are allies in this. My people also have a claim upon the riches in that mountain! Let me speak with Thorin!" He demanded and Thranduil turned to him swiftly. 

"You would try to reason with the dwarf?" 

"To avoid war? Yes!" 

The west of Erebor - Aeradriel's POV

(Aeradriel's outfit up top)

"What news from the scouts?" I asked one of the elven guards in passing as I headed over Aerion.

"An army of elves passed into Dale throughout the night and the dwarves rebuilt the wall of Erebor, my lady" He bowed before he said something else. "The elves, my lady. They were clad in golden armour" I looked at him slightly before I mounted onto Aerion.

"Tell my brother's that I am riding down to Erebor and that Virion shall meet me at the road. I need to speak with Thorin" 

"Yes, my lady"