Chapter Thirty-Two : Rallying

~☆~

~☆~

Aeradriel's POV

"Fall back! Fall back to the Mountain!" I heard Dain shout from the middle of the crowd not so far from me. 

"Dain!" I joined next to him, cutting down each and every orc. "We cannot hold them off much longer!" I told him. Maybe we would need the back-up. 

"Fall back!" 

"Where's Thorin?" Dain asked me and I could not answer him, for I did not know. 

Third Person's POV

Just inside the gates of Erebor, the dwarves of the Company sit desolately, hearing the cries of battle outside but unable to help their kin. They rose as they see Thorin approaching from further in the mountain, sword drawn.

"I will not hide behind a wall of stone, while others fight our battles! For us!" Kili screamed as he walked up to his uncle. "It is not in my blood, Thorin" 

"No it is not" Thorin placed a hand on Kili's shoulder, agreeing with him. "WE are sons of Durin and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight" He leaned his forehead against his nephews before looking and walking to the others. "I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me, one last time?" He asked and they all stood with smiles on their faces.  

Aeradriel, Dain and their surviving armies set up a desperate shield wall in front of the moat by Erebor's gates; the orcs line up by rank, ready to attack them. Azog suddenly stops the orcs with him on the hill from signalling the attack. The orcs sound their signalling horn, and the orcs and trolls begin to march forward. Suddenly, another trumpet is heard; it is Bombur, atop the wall. The orcs stop in confusion. 

"Thorin" Aeradriel smiled as the barricade of rocks in the gateway of Erebor smashed outward as it was hit from inside by a giant golden statue that the dwarves had hung up like a bell. The rocks fall forward and make a rough bridge across the moat. Thorin and his dwarves rush out and through the ranks of the Iron Hills dwarves; Azog looks on in shock. Dain begins shouting to his troops.

"To the King! To the king!" 

Aeradriel shouted soon after, running in line with her army and Dain's both rallying to their fallen king's. "Iki paskutinės dienos! Į karą!" {To the last day! To war!}

The trolls were brought down by arrows and the orcs were cut down by the rallying armies. The battle continued with newly found strength and courage. 

"Dain!" Thorin called out as he slayed an orc.

"Thorin! Hold on, I'm coming!" They urged closer to each other before embracing each other in a hug. 

"Thorin!" A voice called out. Aeradriel ran towards them, cutting down the orcs in her way. She reached them and bowed her head. "Glad to see you here, my king"