Flashback 2

- Aeradriel aged 1702

Aeradriel and Virion stood in the courtyard of Mirkwood talking to themselves about Aeradriel's and Legolas' marriage when one of their trusted friends and guard came over to them. 

"Virion, Aeradriel. We must leave immediately" He told them as three horses were brought over to them. 

"Draekos," They both greeted him with a confused expression. "What is the matter?" She asked. 

"Penathor, we have gotten word that Azog is marching towards it. We must leave now or I fear we will be too late" 

"He waited for us to leave" Aeradriel realized as they ran to mount on the horse in front of them. "He waited so he would have the perfect chance for revenge" 

"What about our things, Thranduil and Legolas?" Virion asked his sister as they made their way to the mountain pass of Mirkwood. 

"We leave them and do not tell them. We have no time!" She replied as the three along with the group of Penathornian guards rode atop the rocky mountain slope, entering the valley. 

"if we are too late, my lady and lord then what would happen?" Draekos asked them. 

"Penathor and us will be doomed" 

The rode across the grassy plain, onto the rocky slopes and into another forest until they reached the northern outlook. Beyond that was a burning kingdom. 

"No!" 

"We are too late"

Nearing closer and closer, Aeradriel and Virion mounted of their horses, unsheathing their swords as did the guards. 

"My brother, Draekos and I will go to the castle. All of you" She pointed to the guards. "Search for survivors, take them to the caves till I give words. Any wounded take them to my mother, she will help them. If you see any orcs, take them to the dungeons" Aeradriel ordered as the guards ran off through the destruction of the town. 

"What if Azog is here?" Virion asked as Aeradriel gave him a look. 

"We kill him" 

They ran through the town until they reached the courtyard. The bloodied bodies of elves, men, women and dwarves were scattered around. Few were children. Sadness fell on their faces as they stared upon the dead. They entered the doorway through the castle, wounded guards, maids and noble men and women in the hallways and rooms. Some crying over their dead and some healing. 

"My lady and lord" One of the noblewomen said, stumbling over to them and failing into Aeradriel's arms. 

"Mariel" Aeradriel sighed looking at the elven women in her arms. "Are you alright? Where is your husband and child?" 

The look on Mariel's face said it all, causing Aeradriel to hug her. "They will be avenged my dear friend" She told her. Once they pulled away Virion said.