Chapter Fourteen : Mirkwood.

~☆~

~☆~

Aeradriel's POV 

"No sign of the orcs. We have luck on our side" Dwalin stated, quite dumbly if you ask me. We have never had luck on our side. The only luck we will be given is when we are in the mountain and Azog is dead.

Gandalf gave an uneasy look to him and glanced toward the hillside. Beorn stood in his bear form watching and guarding.

"Set the ponies loose, let them return to their master" He told the dwarves and Bilbo.

"This forest... It feels, sick" The young hobbit breathed. "As if a disease lies upon it. Is there no way around?" He asked facing Gandalf. 

"Not unless we go 200 miles north or twice that distance, south" Gandalf stated looking into the depths of Mirkwood with a weary expression. 

"Mithrandir is right, this is the safest way. Unless you want to be overrun and killed by the orcs that most likely guard both sides" I spoke, pulling my sword out of its sheath. "We will need to cut down the vines in our way to find the path through the forest. It is over grown and if we lose the path, we may to stuck" I told them, looking at the forest myself and noticing Gandalf staring at a statue. 

"Not my horse! I need it!" He shouted, running up to his horse that was about to be cut loose. The dwarves start murmuring and whispering amongst themselves.

"You're leaving us?" Bilbo pointed out. 

"I would not do this unless I had to... You've changed Bilbo Baggins, you are not the same hobbit as the one that left the shire" 

I zoned out from listening to the conversation and walked towards the statue to see what was so important that Gandalf would be so alarmed. I recognized the statue to be Êlúriel, the dead queen of Mirkwood. I grazed my free hand over the red indented carving of Sauron's eye that was hidden behind the vines when I hear whispers. 

"Be careful"

"The Necromancer"

"The world is changing"

"Death is nearing for all mankind"

I pulled my hand back and stared at it. I what is meant was true, along with the carved eye, Azog is the least of our problems. 

"Come on, we must reach the mountain before the sun sets of Durin's day. It is the only chance to find the hidden door" Thorin announced as the company began to walk to me. "Do you know these paths?" He asked me. 

"Not from here, I will tell you when I recognize some familiarity" I told him as he nodded and we made our way into the deep depths of the forest. 

☆━━━━━━━━━⩢━━━━━━━━☆

Third person's POV