Chapter Six: Imladris Karningul

Third persons POV

"Mana Caraitie taw idë mai as orch?" {What business do you have with orcs?} Elrond asked his companion as the ride with the other elves along the bridge pathway.

"In vanwa vëalta acca hilya mè ilya ala. Mana taw idë sanar?" {The past seems to follow me every day. What do you think?}

"Goheno non. Íela atar ane a túra cáno yë gomidril" {Forgive me. Your father was a great ruler and companion}. He said softly at the elleth as the guard ahead blew a horn. The gates to Imladris Karningul, or Rivendell, opening.

The group slowed down as they were met with the company.

"You failed to mention this" Elrond said to Dae who smiled sheepishly at him and shrugged her shoulders, dis mounting her horse. She told one of the guards to take him to the stables.

"Gandalf" Elrond greeted his friend as Gandalf bowed.

"Lord Elrond. Mellonnen! Mo euínedh?" {My friend! Where have you been?}

"Farannam 'lamhath I udul O charad. Dagannem rim na lant vedui" {We've been hunting a pack of orcs that came up from the south. We sleep a number near the hidden pass}. The elven Lord told him glancing at the Elleth who now stood with the company.

"Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders. Something or someone, must have drawn them near" He finished looking amongst the dwarves and then back to Gandalf. He held up an orcish sword which he had taken from one of the dead carcasses and shows it to everyone before handing it off to Lindir.

"Ah, that may have been us" The wizard muttered as Thorin stepped forward and Elrond looked upon him with recognition.

"Welcome Thorin, son of Thrain" Be greeted.

"I do not believe we have met" Thorin replied, bitterness lacing his tone.

"You have your grandfather's bearing. I knew Thrain when he ruled under the mountain" Elrond said looking at the dwarves who still had their weapons raised.

"Lowrumm da ithrun. Da elgus ath nōt gouroz oz kahr"{lower the swords. The elves are not going to attack}. Dae said, shocking the company with her almost perfect Khuzdul.

"Indeed, he made no mention of you" Thorin spat towards Elrond, sheathing his weapon. Ignoring the insult the elven lord turned to the elleth.

"And welcome back, Aera-"

"Dae, accomplice of Gandalf"She cut him off glaring at him as the dwarves eyed her suspiciously.

"Yes. Well, welcome Dae... Accomplice of Gandalf" Elrond muttered before turning to his kin. "Nartho inoer toltho I virovor! Boe I annam vann a nethail uin" {Light the fires, bring forthe the wine! We must feed our guests.}

"What is he saying? Does he offer us insult?!" Gloin asked raising his axe. The dwarves grew bellicose and grabbed their weapons uneasily.

"No, Master Gloin. He is offering you food" Gandalf sighed exasperatedly.

The dwarves quickly turned and discussed it amongst themselves.

"Ah, well in that case. Lead on"

"Lindir" Elrond called out and the Ellon stepped forward. "Show Lady Dae to her private quarters, so she can freshen up and rest before the feast. I will come fore you in an hour and a half, my lady" He smiled.

"Yes, my lord" Lindir nodded and the two departed from the group.

The two travelled through the halls of Rivendell before stopping at an Oaken door.