Chapter twelve: Skin-changers.

~∆~

~∆~

4 Months Later

The company were waiting behind covers of rocks when Bilbo ran back to them. They had sent him to see how close Azog and his orc pack were as he had found them again two months ago. 

"How close are the pack?" Dwalin asked him, grabbing the attention of the others. 

"Too close. A couple of leagues, no more, but that is not the worst of it" He answered. 

"Have the wargs picked up our scent?" Thorin asked. 

"Not yet, but they will; we have another problem" Bilbo tried again

"Did they see you? They saw you!" Gandalf fretted looking at Aeradriel who rolled her eyes. 

"No, that's not it"The hobbit grunted in frustration. 

"What did I tell you?" Gandalf smiled turning away from the hobbit and to the dwarves. "Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material" The dwarves chuckled in appreciation to the hobbit. 

"Atkât!" {Shut up/silence} Aeradriel silenced them. "Our hobbit is trying to tell us something" She spoke softer and everyone turned to Bilbo with questionable and confused faces. 

"Thank you. I am trying to tell you that there is something else out there"He told them as the wizard and elf exchanged looks. 

"What form did it take? Like a bear?" He questioned. 

"Ye... Yes. But bigger, much bigger" Bilbo stuttered as the dwarves turned to Gandalf. 

"You knew about this beast?" Bofur asked turning to him and Gandalf smiled sheepishly in return before facing away - thinking. 

"I say we double back" Bofur told Thorin.

"And be run down by a pack of orcs" Thorin gave him a knowing look in return. 

"There is a house, it is not far from here where we may take refuge" The elleth told them. 

"Whose house? Are they friend or foe?" The dwarven king questioned hesitantly. 

"Neither. He will either help us or kill you" She answered. 

"What choice do we have?" He asked again as an ear-splitting roar came from close by. 

"None. Aeradriel lead on" Gandalf said as she began to lead them away from the Carrock and into the woods below. They ran through the forest with Azog and his orcs following close behind as another roar sounded, this time louder. 

"This way, quickly!" She shouted as the dwarves panicked.

"Bombur, come on!" Bofur pulled him along as they exited the forest.