Chapter Sixteen : The past

~☆~

"The king would like to see you both" 

Third person's POV 

Legolas and Aeradriel made their way to the throne room after thanking Tauriel. They walked up the familiar stone steps and awaiting them was King Thranduil sitting on his throne with an arm draped over the side. A guard on either side of him like before. 

"Legolas" He nodded his head at his son. "Aeradriel, glad to see you well and without all the cobwebs on you" He smirked slightly remembering her appearance when he first saw her. 

"Yes, as I remember the spiders were never there before. Were they not?" She asked him separating herself from Legolas to stand closer to the heightened throne. 

"I assure you it is nothing we cannot take care of" He denied with a smile. 

"I'm sure but I am also sure it means the evil has returned. You know of whom and what I speak of" She told him and he stepped down from his throne, walking down the stone steps to stand in front of her. 

"Ego men" {Leave us} He ordered, gesturing to the guards and with a nod they left. Leaving Thranduil, Legolas and Aeradriel.  

"He will not return and do you not mean the one hiding in the mountain?" Thranduil asked her smirking as he knew what the evil she talked about, but did not want to admit it so he changed to something that would affect her.  

"He is no evil, just blinded by what surrounds him and don't you dare speak of him like you care. You would happily see him in chains, an arrow piercing his heart." She glared at him.

"You are in Mirkwood now, things have changed" Thranduil glared back and stepped away. "Tell me, how is your brother Samrion?" 

"How dare yo-" 

"But he goes by another name, doesn't he? How about Smaug?" He smirked again cutting her off and watching her angered expression change to one of shock and fear, as did Legolas'.

"Ada, what do you mean?" Legolas questioned his father keeping an eye on the elleth to his right, whose eyes shone with darkness and fury. 

"The dragon in the mountain. Our dear Aeradriel is quite familiar with it, aren't you?"

"You promised you would not say anything" She whispered still in shock that he would let that go and so loudly when he said it. "You promised that no one else would know, my father trusted you!" She snapped.

"Your father is dead!" He raised his voice, slowly approaching her. "He has been gone for many years now. Things have changed, we have changed"

"I see, then why am I not in a cell with the company? Surely I should be treated the same, if things have changed. King Thranduil." She answered him with spitefulness only to get pulled back by the prince. 

"Aeradriel, think about what you are doing. If you are locked up I fear I cannot help you" Legolas pleaded with her, but she shook her head and looked to the king.

"You are right, you should be with them. Guards, take the dragon queen into a cell. Let her get what she wants" Thranduil hissed as two guards came from the stair way and advanced on the elleth who remained unfazed.

"Ada, you cannot do this. If word got out that you locked their queen up" Legolas started only to get a glare. 

"She has not seen her 'people' as she calls them in 200 years, I am sure they think she is dead" His father replied walking up to his throne and sitting down with a leg crossed over the other. "Go with them to the dungeons and bring me Thorin Oakenshield"