Chapter Ten : And Into The Fire

"You thought you could escape me?" 

Third Person's POV 

"You thought you could escape from me?" He asked rhetorically, glaring at them. He swung his mace down at Gandalf, who was at the front of the company, causing him to stumble back. As he did, Oin and Nori pushed him up right. 

"What are you going to do now wizard?" The king snarled. 

Gandalf stepped forward and struck the goblin king in the eye with his staff. Causing it to drop the mace and clutch his face in pain. "Ow, ow, ow!" The great goblin exclaimed, hopping backwards. 

As he did, Aeradriel stepped forward, her knives back in her hands as she sliced the stomach. The king fell to his knees, clutching the wounded area. "That'll do it"he muttered. 

She then, with speed, brought both of them to his neck, making him fall down. Dead. His weight caused the bridge to start shaking and the section with the company on it to break, sliding down the side of the cavern. It went in terrific force downwards, demolishing everything in its way, causing the company to cling onto anything they could, mainly each other. Screaming in terror. 

"Hold on!" Aeradriel shouted as it slowed down, landing on the cavern floor, breaking apart and burying them in the timber and wood. Gandalf managed to free himself from the wreckage and stood looking at the company in amusement. Especially Kili and Aeradriel who were technically hugging each other. 

"Well, that could've been worse" Bofur stated and just as he finished speaking, the headless heavy corpse of the goblin king landed on top of them, squishing the group down further. The dwarves crying out, especially those at thee bottom. The elleth wincing, pulling herself out of it. 

"You've got to be joking!" Dwalin exclaimed. 

The dwarves began to pull themselves out of the broken planks and look at Gandalf with a glare as he asked. "Is everyone alright?" 

"It isn't exactly light, is he?" Aeradriel replied with sarcasm getting various agreements from the dwarves before a war cry echoed through the cavern. 

"Gandalf, Aera?!" Kili yelled. 

"There's too many, we can't fight them" Dwalin said looking between the horde of goblins and the wizard. 

"There's only one thing that will save us; Daylight! Here, on your feet!" The wizard ordered as they all rushed to get the remaining dwarves out of the rubble. Once they were free they were sure to make haste, following Gandalf as they ran. 

Aeradriel's POV

We escaped through a hidden passage and ran down the mountain side. We ran until we reached an area of sparsely spaced trees, the dwarves catching their breath and Gandalf counting us.

"Five, six, seven, eight, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur... That's eleven. Fili and Kili... That's thirteen and Aeradriel makes fourteen" He paused looking around at us. "Where's Bilbo? Where is our hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!" He shouted.