Chapter Twenty-Two : Durin's Day

~☆~

~☆~

Aeradriel's POV 

The next morning the dwarves and Bilbo were given fresh clothes, armour, weapons made of Iron except for Bilbo who still had his from the Troll called. He named it Sting. My shoulder was fully healed, but what had me worried was that Kili was getting paler by the minute, he looked physically dead. There was no doubt that the arrow was poisoned but I do not have the ability to heal them as I was never taught in the healing field. It was more fighting and training. 

We walked towards the boats where the dwarves were given gifts and baskets of food to carry away with us on our journey. 

"You do know we are one short?" Bilbo asked coming up next to Thorin and looking around. "Where's Bofur?" 

"If he is not here, we leave him behind" Thorin answered him. 

"We'll have to. If we are to find the door before nightfall. We can't risk any more delays" Balin pitched in given a soft yet serious smile. 

One by one the dwarves began to board onto the barge that I was waiting for them on. Kili went to step forward but was stopped by Thorin. "Not you. We must travel at speed. You will only slow us down" Thorin said putting a hand on his shoulder.

"What are you talking about?" I saw Kili's mouth turn up into a slight smile. He must think he is joking. "I'm coming with you" He tried again, but Thorin blocked him. 

"No" Thorin shook his head and turned to walk away. 

"I am going to be with you when that door's opened. When we first look upon the halls of our fathers, Thorin..." Kili tried to speak, but he was cut off once more. 

"Kili. Stay here, rest. Join us when you are healed" 

"Thorin" I warned looking at Kili's devastated face

"I've made up my mind" He glared slightly. 

"I'll stay with the lad. My duty lies with the wounded" Oin said as he got off the barge and stood next to Kili. 

"Aeradriel" Kili looked at me with pleading eyes. I walked over to him putting my hand on his shoulder. 

"Stay here and rest, Kili. You cannot fight off a dragon if you can barely stand" I told him softly before whispering in his ear. "A man who fights for gold cannot afford to lose a girl. If you die you will never see Tauriel again" He looked at me with slight shock but nodded slightly. 

"Uncle, we grew up on tales of the mountains. Tales you told us. You cannot take that away from him" Fili protested joining next to me and looking at Thorin. 

"Fili" Thorin started but was cut off. 

"I will carry him if I must" 

"One day you will be king and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one dwarf. Not even my own kin" Thorin face pained slightly as he said the last words.