Chapter Thirty-Six : New Beginnings

~☆~

~☆~

So now, the battle of the mountain was over. 

The dead mourned. 

Thorin and his nephews laid to rest in the heart of the mountain. 

Dain Ironfoot crowned King of Erebor.

Bard crowned King/Lord of Dale.

The alliance between dwarves and elves was renewed. 

Bilbo Baggins returned to his home in Bag End and started writing a book of his adventures. 

Aeradriel, Legolas and Virion journeyed to Penathor. Virion left to scout out Mordor. Legolas and Aeradriel married in the halls of Elrond. Thranduil, Virion, Gandalf, the remaining members of the company were invited along with other elven/dwarven lords and ladies. And despite the elves not used to having dwarves in a proximity to them and likewise for the dwarves. Soon after, Due to Aeradriel's title and place on the throne, Legolas was crowned King of Penathor but also kept his title - Prince of Mirkwood. 

The remaining dwarves that lived in Penathor were let leave to live with their kind in Erebor or the misty mountains. As were the men, but they were set wander across middle earth. Some travelled to Dale, some to Minas Tirith, some to Rohan and some decided to stay. 

Balin and a number of other dwarves set out to reclaim the ancient dwarvish kingdom of Moria. 

Now, the evil of Azog had been destroyed and banished. The orcs fled to the chasms and holes they crept from. But there was a new evil rising...