Chapter Seven : banquets and secrets

Aeradriel's POV 

Aeradriel's POV 

"You are" I stated looking Thorin in the eyes. 

"No" He gasped in shock stepping back. "No, My father would've told me. You are lying!" 

"I am not Thorin. Believe me or not, but this what your mother declared two days after you were born" I told him, but he shook his head not believing it as Balin spoke saying something that shocked even me.

"Thorin... I was there. I was young, but I remember Aeradriel is your godmother. I didn't know at first it was true, but she is, and you can accept it or not" Thorin looked at him before looking back at me.

"You are not lying?" he questioned stepping towards me, his face softening from his usual stone-hard expression. 

"No and I will tell you everything you want after the feast" I said, and he nodded still shocked when an elven guard came down from the banquet hall announcing that it was ready.

We walked through thee entrance, the dwarves scattered, seating themselves at the tables. They looked at the food prepared in caution and disgust. I laughed quietly and picked up my fork, starting to eat it.

"Try it. Just a mouthful" Dori told Nori who was just staring at a bowl of lettuce. 

"I don't like green food" 

Smiling, I passed him a red apple, he took it seeing as it was not green.

Dwalin started to lift the bowls looking throughout the table, and I looked at him in confusion. "Where's the meat?" Ah, that would be it.

"You are in Elven court, Master Dwarf" I told him, holding up my fork with salad to my mouth. "If you desire meat you are going to have to hunt for it yourself" I finished before eating the salad. The tattooed dwarf in front of me scowled, sinking back into his chair as he started to prod the food. 

"Have they got any chips?" I heard Ori ask and I mentally facepalmed. This is going to be a disaster.

A group of elves started to play a chorus of music as we continued to eat.

Next to me Kili was starting at an Elven maid, she stares back, and he winked at her. I had sat with the dwarves and not with Elrond, Gandalf and Thorin as even if I am queen I never thought myself as higher class. 

I suppress a laugh when the brunette dwarf notices all of us staring at him as he shrugs. " I can't say that I fancy elf maids myself. Too thin. They're all high cheekbones and creamy skin; not enough facial hair for me" He cocked his head back towards a passing elf, smirking. "Although, that one there's not that bad" He told the rest of us.

"That is not an elf maid" Dwalin told him with a wink. Kili looks as the elf turns, revealing himself to be no elf maid but an Ellon. 

Embarrassed Kili looks down as his cheeks flare up making the dwarves roar with laughter, banging their hands against the table  in amusement.