Flashback 4

Aeradriel aged 1527

Aeradriel aged 1527

"It is time" 

Samrion walked into his sister's room, a broken look came on his face as he was forced back and brought into a hug. 

"Don't do this... We can find the cure" Aeradriel whispered keeping a tight hold on him, not wanting to let go. 

"Sister, I am not even sure the cure exists." He replied in a low voice not wanting his voice to betray him as he pulled back. "It has to happen now or the consequences could count for something much worse" 

"We could find the cure!" She raised her voice and she stepped back, tears flooded in her eyes. "You promised you wouldn't leave me! You promised!" 

"I'm not leaving you!" Samrion shouted back stepping closer to her and bringing her into another hug. "I will be here, but in dragon form" 

"It won't be your true self. No one has ever gone through something like this. Mother is a skin changer so it is different. Yours is permanent" Aeradriel told him as she stepped back, wiping her tears on her sleeve and standing up straighter. "Well if you must do this and tear your life away that let's go" 

She walked past him and went down the hall. Samrion followed suit calling after his sister as they made their way to the caves. 

"Aera! Aeradriel! Don't do this. Do you think I really want this!?" 

"If you didn't you would look for the cure" 

They gathered in the cave where their mother, Virion, Theron and their father stood waiting. A pool of lava was enchanted in the middle to glow blue. Chains lay in the hands of Draekos as he walked over to them with two more guards. They were also shapeshifting dragons. 

"What are you doing?" Aeradriel questioned as she was pulled back by her mother whilst Samrion was brought into the chained contraption. "Why is he being chained up!?" 

"He needs to be. Otherwise, he will kill us before he changes" Her mother replied keeping a tight grip on her daughters arm who was struggling to be free. 

"He won't hurt us, he won't hurt me! Samrion!" She looked towards her brother getting chained up, as he lifted his head up to look at her his eyes turned gold and serpent like. 

"You will burn!" He growled as he began to pull on them. "You will die in the fire you can walk!" 

"Hold him down! Quickly!" The guards held him down, with great struggle and led him to where the enchanted pool of lava was. 

"Mother!?" Virion and Theron looked at her with shock and confusion. 

"What are you doing?" 

"lower him in" Raláena ordered pointing to the lava. The guards obeyed and began to lower the growling Samrion into the steaming pool. 

"No! No! Brother!" Aeradriel tried to fight out the grip of her mother, but had no luck. Samrion snarled at the guards before he let out a scream. 

"Sister! Mother don't please! Please!" He pleaded as he was lowered even closer. "I'm still your son! Please!" 

"You will kill us all. It has to be done" Aelrindel told him, pulling his daughter from her mother's grip. "He is a dragon" 

"No!" 

"Take them out... It is best they do not see this" Raláena told them and they were taken away by the guards as they shouted for their brother and Samrion for them. 

"Let me go!" Aeradriel pulled herself out of her father's grip as they stepped out from the cave. "You would let your son, die away and become a dragon?!" She asked as she turned to him. 

"It has to be done" He replied plainly as he began to walk away, but was stopped by both Virion and Theron. 

"He is our brother and you are making him do this because you can not find the cure?" Virion asked. 

"There was never a cure... Just a curse" 

"I'm not letting him do this alone" Aeradriel muttered as she slipped through the gap of the closing cave door. 

"Aera!"

"NO!" 

She ran through the halls of the cave until she reached were he was engulfed in the scalding lava. 

"No! Samrion!" She ran forward only to get blown back by a force of fire that emerged from the pit. But that was not the only thing that came from it. A dragon of great size, bigger than one they have ever seen stood snarling and growling towards the guards that pointed spears at him and Aeradriel who was helping her mother up. 

"This is me... I... Am... Smaug!" He snarled stomping forward towards the two, throwing the guards down the chasm as he did so. He lifted his claw up and wrapped it around Aeradriel's small frame, the other keeping their mother away. 

"B-brother... Please... This isn't you" She choked out as she was lifted into the air. 

"I am Smaug... Not your brother. He was weak. I am invisible" He threw her to the ground before flying through the gap in the cave roof. Boulders and rocks came crashing down from where he broke through. 

Aeradriel and her mother stood up looking to the sky. 

"What have I done?" Her mother looked terrified and guilty. 

"Samrion is no longer. He is Smaug now"