Chapter Three : Tales Of The Past

Third person's POV

Third person's POV

The company camped for the night near the edge of a cliff. Gloin sleeps against the rocks, flies getting sucked into his mouth every time he inhales and are dispersed when he exhales. Most of the dwarves are asleep. Those of which who are awake are Kili, Fili and Balin. Along with Bilbo, Gandalf and Dae. 

Dae was sat on the ledge of the cliff, her pipe in hand and Areion kneeling behind her. 

Bilbo was standing next to his pony myrtle, whispering things and checking no one was watching him. 

An orc screams from over the cliffs. Echoing in the night air, Bilbo looks up worried and runs over to Fili and Kili. Dae's head also snaps up looking into the distance, anger and hatred in her eyes. 

"What was that?" The concerned hobbit asked

The ones awake turned their head towards the distressed. Kili looked up towards the hobbit a hint of amusement in his eyes. 

"Orcs" 

Dae's horse Areion stood up in a fury making the elleth jump up calming her with elvish words. The pair knew what orcs were capable and it made them infuriated that two stubborn young dwarves were making it seem a joke. 

"Orcs?" Fear was evident in Bilbo's tone as he ran over to the twins waking Thorin up in the protest.

"Throat cutters" Fili announced smirking. "There'd be dozens of them out there. The lowlands are crawling with them."

Bilbo's face turned to one of terror but then to confusion when he saw Thorin's hurtful expression and Dae's infuriated one. 

"They strike in the wee small hours, when everybody is asleep. Quick and quiet. No screams, just lots of blood" Kili announced to Bilbo as the hobbit turned around to the direction of the throaty scream.  The young brothers looked to each other and started to laugh quietly. Laughing like it was some joke.

"You think that's funny?" Thorin barked, standing up and looking at them, a furious look upon his face. "You think a night raid by orc is a joke?"

"We didn't mean anything by it, uncle" Kili apologized not daring to look up, but somehow found his gaze drawn to elleth at the ledge. Her jaw clenched and hands tightened into a ball.

"No you didn't. You know nothing of the world" Thorin passed the group and looked out upon the rocky cliffs as silence took place for a few minutes.

"Don't mind him laddie" Balin said, breaking it. "Thorin has more cause than most to hate orcs" The hobbit and young Princes listened to his story, but there was one of the awake group who already knew of this and she did not want to listen again. As she had more cause than Thorin to go to war with Azog.

"After the dragon took the Lonely Mountain, King Thror try to reclaim the ancient dwarf kingdom of Moria, but our enemy had gotten there first." Kili and Fili listened intently wanting to understand why. "Moria had been taken by legions of Orcs led by the most vile of their race, Azog  The defiler. The giant Gundabad orc had sworn to wipe out the line of during. He began... By beheading the king"