Chapter Twenty-Seven : Beginning

~☆~

~☆~

"I cannot forgive him for the choices he has made these past years, but he is my brother and has protected me so"

Aeradriel's POV

I mounted off of Aerion as I watched in horror as Smaug's body rose up through the air then plummeted in the lake. 

"No, that... No he cannot be dead" I whispered, tears threatening to spill from my eyes as I ran to the water's edge. There was no dragon roar, no snarl no movement. It was all silent. 

"NO!" I screamed dropping to my knees. The sound of my scream echoed through the air making it sound like a dragon roar itself. "He cannot be dead" I looked up thinking it was fake that I was only imagining him fall, but I wasn't he was really gone. The town of the lake safe from his fire. Tears fell from my face as I acknowledged that I was never to see him again. 

Standing up slowly I noticed boats coming closer to the sure, along with floating pieces of rubble and people trying to swim to them to keep themselves a float. There was also numerous items on fire. 

"Help us!" 

"To the shore!" 

Composing myself I ran into the water helping the survivors get safely to the shore. Their screaming and crying growing louder as they neared. 

"If you can walk, help the injured to the shore!" I ordered as I helped an elderly man and women. "Do not ponder! Help each other!" 

"Will somebody help me! Help!" I heard a man cry out screaming and looked to see Alfrid crying and climbing over a few dead bodies. I looked to see nobody was helping him and a slight smile formed on my face. 

"Come on" I looked to see a child crying on the floor and walked over. "Are you okay? Where are your parents?" I asked as he looked up with tears in his eyes. He was only young.

"I don't know, my lady" I held out my hand for him to grab it and he did. 

"Come on, let's find your parents" The boy scanned the crowd for them as we walked through it. I hoped they were not dead, as what would happen to him?

"Father!" The boy screamed as he ran towards a man with a small burn on his face. He jumped into his arms crying happily. 

"Thank you, thank you" The father thanked me, hugging his son tighter. 

"Twas nothing, take yourselves to safety. Help as many people as you can" I told him and he nodded. 

I scanned the crowd as I continued walking past people hoping to see a familiar face, but had no hope. I had moved Aerion to the mountain top as I could see him standing and watching. 

"Aeradriel!" I heard someone call for me making me turn around and see a familiar blonde elf.

"Legolas!" I ran up to him and he enveloped me in a hug.