[Chapter 48]

Payton's POV

I let out a deep sigh as I opened the door slowly, exiting out of the car cautiously. I kept my head down low before I peered at Luke, catching a smile on his face as he gave me a thumbs up.
I nodded my head at him before I closed the door, stepping back as they quickly left me behind, not wanting to be noticed.

I looked up at my college, feeling strange that I was back here after all I've been through. I swallowed tightly before I placed my hands in my hoodie, feeling grateful that Luke bought me a pair of clothes so that I wouldn't be showing up in my party outfit.

I kept the hood over my head to shield my face so that I could prevent attention before I began fast walking towards the entrance.

My heart began racing as I passed by many college students, hoping I wouldn't be recognized. I was planning what I was going to say to my friends as I made my way around the building, looking for my dorm. I never felt so alone in my life as I walked around the area, wondering how I was going to succeed in this massive lie.

I didn't want to lie to my friends. I never lied to them. Especially not with something this huge. Harry was a part of my life. I spent a whole month practically with a gang, living an immoral life. How could I wipe that out of my memory or cover that up? You can't exactly be the same person after that.

I then gasped as I looked up and saw three familiar girls walking towards me with their heads hung low. They looked so gloomy and depressed as they slowly walked together side by side. I then paused as I felt my hear race, recognizing every single one of them.

Casey, Claire, Lisa.

Suddenly Claire looked up and stared at me, stopping in her tracks as her lips parted. My heart stopped as our eyes locked in sync, not knowing what to do or what to say. I felt so nervous as Claire pulled Lisa, grabbing her attention before she looked up and spotted me too.

"Payton?" Lisa gasped as Casey looked up as well.

Tears streamed down my face as I finally saw all of their beautiful faces again, realizing how much I missed them. I let out a sob before I ran straight towards them, not wasting a single moment to embrace them.

They all gasped as they ran towards me, wrapping their arms around me as we collided. We all began crying together as I hugged Lisa in the middle, feeling Claire and Casey hug my sides while she hugged my front.

"Oh my god Payton! Where have you been?!" Lisa breathed as we held each other so tight I felt like I was losing all my air.

I didn't answer as I continued to cry, not finding enough words to speak. I was so happy being with all of them, I never wanted to take advantage of us hanging out ever again.

"Payton is that really you?" Claire asked, causing my heart to rejoice.

"Yes, Claire. It's really me." I said with a watery smile as I looked over at her and cupped her face.

"Oh my god we missed you!" She gasped before we hugged each other tightly.

"It's okay... I'm here. I'm home now." I assured her as she buried her face into my neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened to you?"