[Chapter 42]

Payton's POV

It never truly dawned on me the type of trouble Harry could get into if the police catch him with me. He could go to jail for some serious crimes and get severally punished. I mean, he's killed a man and I doubt that was his first or last time. I wasn't sure how long people were put in jail for kidnapping, but I knew it had to be a few years. Especially if they realize he's in a gang.

I started to question my own thinking as I realized I didn't want anything bad to happen to Harry. He never did anything traumatizing to me. He was never really abusive towards me. And he's been quite nice to me lately.

But this is wrong isn't it? I shouldn't befriend my kidnapper. I shouldn't defend him and protect him. Couldn't I go to jail for protecting him? Oh gosh, I'm getting way too deep into this. I'm risking my own life now just by being with him. I can't be his friend. I just can't. It'll make things way more complicated. We even kissed! And this whole time we've been avoiding the fact that we have. Oh god Payton! Why did you do this to yourself?! Get a grip!

Harry and I walked into the house quickly before he locked the door behind us and approached Liam. "Tell me what you saw." Harry said in a low voice as Liam glanced over at us and leaned off his chair.

"What the hell took you so long? I called you 2 hours ago. I was worried sick." Liam sounded aggravated as I suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"We were somewhere kinda far. I tried to get here as fast as I could." Harry sighed as Zayn looked over at us.

"Zayn, can you take Payton to my room?" Harry asked as my eyes widened.

"Why can't I stay here?" I dared to ask before Harry angrily looked over at me.

"I need to speak to Liam privately. Go to your room." He said coldly as I blinked back at him. Geez what's your deal?

I fiddled with my hands nervously before Zayn leaned off the counter and nodded his head towards the hallway.

"Let's go princess." He said before I saw Liam eye me.

"Is that your sweater?" I heard him whisper to Harry as I passed by them.

"Yeah, she needed to change clothes." Harry said shortly after as I felt their eyes on me.

I then walked down the hall with Zayn before I walked into the bedroom and sighed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked with worried eyes as I turned around and sat on the bed.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. They're just talking about the news." Zayn shrugged as he stood by the door.

"But it was about me, wasn't it?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

"Well..... yeah." He said, looking down the hall unsurely.

"So why can't I hear about it if it's about me then?" I questioned.

"Don't know. Harry just wanted you out of it for a reason. Probably because he knew it would upset you or something." He shrugged as I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"It's not going to upset me, I need to know what they're saying." I said as I suddenly stood up.

"Payton I need you to stay here like Harry said." Zayn warned as I groaned.

I sat back down before I crossed my arms and looked away, suddenly growing angry for not being able to be a part of the discussion.

My friends must be worried sick about me. They were probably the ones who reported me missing. I wonder how my mom felt, knowing her baby girl is no where to be found. I didn't even know how long I was gone for. Probably weeks. Or a month. I wish Harry would at least let me call them to tell them I'm okay. I didn't want them to lose sleep over the case.

Withhold [H.S]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara