[Chapter 54]

Payton's POV

"Everything's okay. Don't worry." Luke quickly assured me as he protectively shielded my body with his arm and back.

My heart began racing as Harry's eyes locked with mine, making me wonder how he even knew I was here.

"How did you even get in here?" Luke asked as he narrowed his eyebrows at Harry.

"Oh please, you're not the only rich guy in the world. Anyone with money can get in here." Harry scoffed as I placed my hands against the velvet couch, leaning away from Luke.

"Why are you here? I don't recall making an arrangement with you." Luke said as Harry looked over at me, his eyes softening just briefly before they went back to normal.

"Real question is, what are you doing with Payton? Alone." Harry snapped as I swallowed hard.

"We were just coming to an agreement on something, but that's none of your business really." Luke replied as Harry clenched his jaw.

"An agreement on what?" Harry asked bitterly.

"Look, can we do this somewhere else? You look a little stressed. I don't want you to scare the girl." Luke said as he stood up.

"Excuse me but she is mine and I know her a hell lot more than you pal. So if you don't mind I'm going to take her and leave." Harry spoke sternly as he tried taking a step towards me but Luke quickly intervened.

"She won't be leaving. Especially not with you." Luke said as Harry tightened his jaw.

"Why are you talking with Payton huh? Let alone having her to yourself. What are you possibly hoping to gain? What's in it for you?" Harry asked as they both stared at each other intensely.

"She doesn't want to be near you. You scare her enough." Luke replied as Harry blinked back at him.

"Scare her? She isn't afraid, she's not a kid. I don't scare her." Harry chuckled sarcastically.

"You have no right being near her. You should be the one leaving." Luke commented as Harry narrowed his eyebrows.

"Last I checked, she was mine." Harry said darkly as he stood super close to Luke, towering over him just slightly while clenching his jaw.

"Okay... we really don't need to be doing this right now... how about we all just go home and call it a night." I said as I found myself getting up and slightly stumbling on my heels.

"No, sit down Payton. We're fine." Luke said kindly to me as he looked over his shoulder.

"You don't tell her what to do. I don't like you hanging out with my girl." Harry growled as he grabbed Luke's fancy black shirt and tugged him close.

"Hands off. I'm not looking for a fight." Luke hissed as he shoved him off.

"Neither am I. But I'm not leaving here without my girl." Harry said lowly.

"She's not yours. And she never was." Luke growled back, causing the room to grow silent after.

I looked over at the booth where Luke's other friends were, watching as they were turning their heads towards our direction. I then glanced over at Luke's guards, widening my eyes as they stepped close while shoving their hands in their pocket, holding onto the back of a gun.

"Harry, let's just go, okay?" I suddenly said softly, making my way over to him.

"No Payton. You stay here." Luke demanded as he pointed at the couch.