[Chapter 23]

Payton's POV

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard Styles' deep voice echo through my ears as I made my way towards his room. Chills ran down my spine and even though I wanted to stop to look at him, I was too scared to. "Going back to the room." I mumbled as I kept walking forward.

"Hey!" He raised his voice and snatched my arm, causing me to jump before he pushed me against the nearby wall. I whimpered as my innocent eyes glared into his harsh dark ones. "Don't turn your back on me when I'm talking to you." He hissed. He then snatched my chin, making me squeeze my eyes shut as he yanked it towards him. "You keep your face towards me when I speak to you. Do you understand?" His voice was low and dominating, as if ready to overpower any word or action I could make.

I nodded my head and tried to turn it away from him due to how scared I was of the limited space we had between us. "You're not going in there anymore to hide away. You're staying out here where I can watch you." He spoke before I opened my eyes wide at his new command.

"Wait-" Before I could proceed on, he quickly tugged me towards the living room by my wrist. I tried to pull my arm out of his grip since it was beginning to hurt my skin but he kept squeezing it tighter. "Sit down and live will you? I'm tired of you hiding like a bat crying about your problems." He said bitterly as he forced me down on the couch.

"I don't cry-"

"For gods sake yes you do. Don't f***ing lie to me." He growled as I closed my mouth. "Watch tv or something. I need to work." He ordered as he grabbed the remote and tossed it on my lap while I rubbed my now sore wrist. "But won't the tv distract you?" I questioned softly as he was about to walk away. He then flared his nostrils in annoyance and anger before his eyes met mine.

I almost screamed at how scary and pissed he looked as I sunk further in the couch. He then got super close to my face, making me gasp as I backed away as far as I could. "One more f***ing comment, and I'll backhand you so hard that you won't be able to speak for days." He threatened as he raised his hand and showed it to me.

My eyes grew super wide at his words as I just sat still, completely frozen in fear. I swallowed all the words that had ever come to mind and I refused to speak. He then leaned away and walked off, leaving me speechless. I let out a breath that I didn't know I had trapped in before I looked at the tv screen in front of me.

I glanced down at my hand to notice that it was shaking and I grabbed the remote before examining it a bit. I then pressed the power button, feeling strange how Styles wanted me to actually "live" a normal life in his house. Who kidnaps a girl and allows them to just sit on their couch and watch tv? Don't they normally lock them up in a basement and handcuff them and only come down to feed them or rape them?

I was completely confused. I guess I could say I had it lucky. I had the freedom to roam around the house. And surprisingly, staying in the room wasn't a lovable option anymore for him. But who knows how long this freedom to walk around will last. Maybe one day I'll truly push his limits and be either killed or chained to the bed. I better not push my luck.

I then skimmed through the channels, not knowing what on earth to watch. I couldn't just sit here and act like everything was normal. How could I? I wake up every day next to my captor and I have to spend the whole time around him and his other gang friends.

I couldn't live a normal routine here. It was impossible and uncomfortable. I tried to focus on the movie that I had picked but I had no such luck. All I could think about was how much I missed my 3 best friends and my parents. Did they miss me? Have they been thinking of me? Do they even know I'm gone? Are they looking for me? Am I.... even on the news yet? How long has it been?