[Chapter 55]

Payton's POV

I rolled down the window and leaned against the door, allowing the cold breeze to explore through my hair and skin as Harry drove into the night. A small smile was on my face as I relaxed against the seat of his car, already remembering how it felt against my back.

I finally felt safe and secure again as Harry drove beside me to our next spontaneous destination. As much as I hated to admit it, I missed him. It felt nice being with him again, going on a late night adventure. I wasn't planning on going home just yet as I slowly glanced over at Harry, noticing his handsome features as the street lights reflected on him.

I've been pushing him away for so long, thinking that's what was best for the both of us. But was it really? Was avoiding him the solution to all the problems that followed? Or did it just make me miss him even more, wishing I never left his side?

Should I have pushed him away for this long? Was it even beneficial for either of us? I couldn't stop feeling regret in myself as I stared at his face, missing every feature of it. Remembering what it felt like to hold him in my hands and to listen to his past.

I started to feel my heart burn inside my chest as I watched him drive so peacefully, wondering if I did more damage to myself by ignoring him rather than allowing him to visit me.

I admit I liked him coming to check up on me because it showed how much he truly valued and cared for me. It was never because he wanted to kidnap me again, it was because he missed me. I knew he missed me. And truth was... I missed him too.

As soon as my eyes trailed to his lips I instantly snapped out of my unknown trance, blushing hard as I looked out the window.

"Aren't you cold?" Harry asked, hinting to the opened window.

"Yeah, but that's what makes a night more enjoyable. When you feel it all over you." I smirked back as I turned my head closer to the wind, closing my eyes briefly.

"It's good to have you back Payton." Harry chuckled softly, causing me to sneak a glance over at him.

I blushed when I spotted a smile on his lips, making my heart pound against my chest.

"It's good to see you again." I suddenly admitted, causing him to grow quiet and straighten his lips.

"I thought you didn't want to see me ever again." Harry suddenly said.

"Well I can't turn down free food." I shrugged before he looked over at me with wide eyes.

I laughed at his reaction before he soon joined me.

"Oh so that's why you joined me?! You're just using me. You little gold digger." He gasped before he took his hand off the wheel and reached it towards me.

I squealed as he tickled my side, making me wiggle around and laugh. "I didn't know how to break it to you!" I teased as he shook his head with a big smile.

"You're impossible Payton Myers." He said as he put his hand back on the wheel.

"And you're so giving Harry Styles." I couldn't make out the sentence without laughing in the end.

"Greedy greedy." He grinned as I blushed and leaned against the leather seat.

"How are the boys?" I asked as I folded one of my legs up, getting comfortable.

"They're good. They ask about you a lot." Harry said as I felt my heart melt.

"Did you tell them I was doing just fine?" I asked as he looked over at me.