[Chapter 37]

Payton's POV

Liam kindly offered to let me stay in his room while he slept on the couch because he didn't want to risk Harry blowing up in my face when he wakes up. Apparently after Harry gets drunk, he wakes up really angry and moody, snapping at everyone. Liam said it's mainly because he can't remember a thing and is afraid he said or did something embarrassing.

Liam was only comfortable with me being alone because he locked all the doors and windows in the house and said he would keep a close eye on me during the night. I gladly accepted the offer because I was more than happy to sleep alone for the first time in peace.

But my sleep was quite the opposite since it was buzzing with questions. I couldn't get my mind off of Harry and why he told me his childhood. I couldn't even stop thinking about what Louis and Liam told me. They couldn't even figure out their own best friend who's in their gang! And they both assume Harry might have a strange attachment to me.

I was honestly getting tired of always thinking about Harry because I wanted nothing more than to return back home. I just wanted to be in class, learning about art and how to style someone's hair perfectly before I head off to eat lunch with my best friends. Why can't I just have my life back?

I wondered if I was on the news yet and if my friends were blowing up my phone worrying about me. I'm sure they've lacked sleep and have been failing their classes if they're sitting in their dorms wondering what happened to me. If only they knew where I was right now.

My body jolted as I heard screaming in the kitchen, causing my heart to race as I wondered what was going on. I glanced at the clock to see it was 8:27 am before I looked over at the closed door. More yelling came from the kitchen, making my skin crawl as I buried myself further under the covers.
I think Harry's up.

"Where's Payton?! She's not in my room! She wasn't there when I woke up!" Harry yelled as my eyes widened.

"Harry-" Liam tried but Harry quickly interrupted.

"She's not in the bathroom, or the kitchen, and definitely not in the living room! She must of got out somehow! I need to go find her, I need to bring her back!" Harry panicked madly as I heard footsteps storm to the front door.

"She's in so much trouble when I find her."

"Harry-"

"She can be in danger! I have to get her!"

"Harry! She's in my room okay?!" Liam yelled as the room fell quiet.

"What?" Harry gasped.

"Yeah, she didn't want to risk waking you up so I told her she can sleep in my room. I slept on the couch and kept my eye on her every now and then." Liam informed.

"She shouldn't be in your room, she needs to be with me." Harry muttered under his breath as I heard him storm over to the room I was in.

My eyes widened and I quickly closed my eyes and pretended I was asleep before the door flew open. I tried my hardest not to flinch as I heard heavy breathing and loud footsteps quickly approach me.

"See, she's asleep, she's fine." Liam said calmly as Harry hovered over me.

"I need her beside me at all times. I can't think straight when she isn't." Harry said before I felt him pull the sheets off of me.

"You should be resting right now Harry.... you took a hard one yesterday." Liam suggested as I felt Harry's hand scoop under my body.

"I had a whole day's rest. I'm fine." Harry huffed before he lifted me into his arms and pressed me against his chest.