[Chapter 29]

Payton's  POV

"Drink this." Harry demanded as he handed me an unopened water bottle.

I thanked him as I took it before frowning and opening it. I then chugged the drink, almost finishing it but Harry quickly took it away from me. "I didn't say all of it." He hissed as I looked at him.
"I'm so thirsty." I breathed.

"I can tell. You're dehydrated from the dancing and the alcohol." He mentioned as he closed the plastic bottle. "I'm really hungry." I said as I clenched the couch.

"I know. I'll feed you when we get home." He said as he kept his eyes forward. "Promise?" I raised an eyebrow. "Payton." He sighed as I leaned closer. "Promise me." I begged softly.

"I don't make promises to anyone." He said seriously.

"Whatever. I'm just gonna steal your credit card and order at the bar." I frowned as I leaned against the couch and crossed my legs and arms.

"You know that when you're tipsy you speak your mind? You wouldn't even be able to even if you tried." Harry said as he stared at me with slight amusement in his voice.

"You know when you're sober you're boring as heck and you're a serious jerk." I snapped back.

"I do what I please." He shrugged. "I question your pleasure." I said as I stared at him curiously.

"Don't waste your time." He said sternly as he fixed his shirt.

"Can I go dance now?" I asked as I looked over at the people dancing and having a good time.

"No." He said firmly.

"Why not? Who knows when I'll be able to do this again?" I said as I looked at him.

"You need a break." He said as he kept his eyes forward still. "Yeah. From you." I said.

He then bit his cheek as he didn't say anything back, leaving me in complete boredom.

"Hey... why is that guy wearing a pink dress?" I questioned as I looked to my left. Harry then narrowed his eyebrows in confusion before he glanced that way, trying to find what I lied about.

I then bit my lip while grinning before I got up and sprinted the other way. Adrenaline rushed through my body as I giggled and slipped my way through the crowd of people. I was finally away from Harry and I felt a sense of freedom as I got further and further away from him. I wasn't planning on escaping him, because that's a dumb mistake and my mind is too far gone to even process a plan like that. But I just wanted to do whatever the heck I wanted while this feeling and this night lasted. Because I knew as soon as it would leave, I would be back in misery lane. Stuck with rules and depression.

I then ran into someone, causing me to apologize as I stepped back while they turned around. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I said before I realized it was Luke.

His eyes lightened as he noticed it was me and he slowly smirked as he glanced at my body. "Whoa there. You okay?" He chuckled as I blushed and stumbled back.

He then grabbed my elbows, keeping me steady as I giggled. "Yeah... sorry. I'm- clumsy sometimes." I said shyly. "I didn't realize alcohol affected you so much." He laughed softly.

"Honestly me neither. But hey it tastes really good." I shrugged. "Yeah? You want something a little stronger?" He questioned.

My eyes lit up with curiosity and excitement as I leaned closer to him. "I'll take that as a yes." He chuckled before he pulled out a flask.

"Here. Take a good swig of it." He offered as he untwisted the cap and handed it to me. "What is it?" I asked as I stared at it.

"Just trust me darling." He whispered in my ear as I blushed and looked up at him. I then took a big sip of it, tilting my head back as the burning liquid ran down my throat. I coughed as I swallowed it, pulling my arm up to shield my breath. My face scrunched up in disgust as the taste was unbearable.