20

The rain was hammering against the windows, while Hoseok rubbed his palms together in order to generate heat that was emanating from the fireplace.

Yoongi let out a deep sigh, forming a cloud-like form in the air. He kneeled down, sitting near Hoseok.

"I'm sorry," Yoongi apologized. "I should've known it from the start, I should've spent time with you instead of ignoring you."

Yoongi never hesitated to apologize, even though there usually wasn't a need to do it often. He was aware that it was his fault. He couldn't have ever imagined how hurt Hoseok would be if he had disregarded him completely.

He held Hoseok's hand, which brought an immediate smile to the male's face. A smile Yoongi hadn't seen in years.

Yoongi clasped it, "It was truly my fault. I'll never make a mistake like that again." The male's eyes twinkled, the truth he saw in his eyes, made him believe everything he was saying.

Hoseok sighed, before nodding. It spread a trace of a smile on Yoongi's lips. 

He was like his brother, who always took care of him, who always made him feel better when he was despondent. A guy who would never leave his side.

Yoongi couldn't believe that he had buried all of his feelings deep inside his heart. It would've hurt so much, seeing the person whom you love with someone else.

A tear escaped his eyes. "Why didn't I ever know it?"

Hoseok stared at the male, gazing at all of his angelic features. He recalled the way his eyes twinkled when he laughed in amusement, the way he scrunched his nose cutely when he was disgusted, the way he looked the most beautiful when he smiled.

He sighed, "You were too busy to notice it, I guess."

Yoongi nodded, he couldn't imagine how hurt he would be if he was in his friend's situation. "I'm a horrible human being."

Hoseok shook his head, "You're an amazing human being, Yoongi. The cutest of them all."

***

Yoongi was never the type to skip classes, but he used to when he wanted to talk with Hoseok. The male recalled how Yoongi badly wanted to be in the basketball team when he was a kid.

He was perfect for it too. They had their hopes high that Yoongi would be selected.

But after a few days, Hoseok found Yoongi crying inside his empty classroom, upset at how he couldn't make it to the team just because its captain hated him.

He recalled how it broke his heart when he saw tears cascading down his cheeks. How he stumbled for words, because of the tears.

He had decided that day itself, he would kill anyone who brings tears to chocolate brown eyes. 

The next day, Yoongi came running to Hoseok and hugged him in happiness, after he found out that he had finally been selected for the basketball team.

He never understood why the captain of the basketball team had a scar under his left eye, Yoongi never knew and Hoseok never let him.  

***

There were countless things Hoseok had done for him. But even though he loved him, was it worth it? 

He glanced at the smile on Yoongi's face, his pale cheeks that looked the most cute when he was flustered, his gummy bear-like teeth that looked the most endearing when he grinned. He looked back at his hands.

It was definitely worth it.

***

A/N:

Please vote and comment!