34. Anyone else?

"Annabeth!" Katie grinned as she hugged her friend.

The royals 'weren't allowed' to meet each other until the screening as a punishment for 'meeting without permission'.

But of course, that didn't seem to stop them.

Annabeth gave her a smile and they walked together to Ludas hall, chatting about how bored they were during their personal lockdowns.

They sat down with the royals. There was still time for the Screening, so some were still coming in.

The entire stage was decked out, with a priest standing in the middle. They were gonna be some engagements today. Jason and Piper and Hazel and Frank.

The front seats were decorated as well, considering that the Kings and Queens were going to sit there.

Rumor had it that King Zeus was not going to attend as he was disappointed in his son for choosing Piper over Reyna...but the other day, he sent out a statement saying that he had some 'business' to take care of.

"Hey," a voice said as it sat down next to Katie. She gave Travis a curt nod and turned to Annabeth. She heard him sigh.

"Excited ?" she asked.

Annabeth nodded and smiled at her.

Before she could say anything, Leo plopped down next to her. They both began a conversation, leaving Katie to sit awkwardly next to Travis.

Connor sat right behind her so she turned and chatted with him for a bit, until she was interrupted by Lester walking onto the stage.

The cameras turned on and the lights blared into her eyes. That's when she realised that everyone was already there. Once the orchestra started, the couples walked out side by side.

They got onto the stage after Lester announced them and stood with huge smiles on their faces.

Hazel and Frank blushed everytime they looked at each other, turned away, looked at each other again and blushed.

Jason and Piper on the other hand, made straight eye contact as they smiled.

"We're gathered here today as these young couples before us have chosen each other as their life partners. To be engaged......"the priest rambled on. He spoke about the history of the Choosing, which Katie would've been interested in if she hadn't heard it a thousand times before.

Somehow in the middle of the speech, she found herself leaning towards Travis, her hand slowly inched towards his. When she realised this, she quickly straightened herself up and hoped he hadn't noticed.

He noticed.

He gave her a knowing look. They stared at each other for a few minutes, oblivious to whatever was going on.

Only a few words made their way into this bubble around them. "Fear should not keep you from love."

This was when Katie broke eye contact with Travis and focussed on her hands. He straightened up next to her.

The priest had paused. In a few minutes, he would say the vows the couples would have to repeat to each other.

"Wait!" Travis practically yelled as he jumped up from his seat.