28. Cute, But No

As soon as Nico saw who was sitting at the table, he wanted to run away and never come back to this wretched place again.

He wasn't that surprised that Drew wore an obnoxiously revealing dresss and decked herself with jewels. She looked more like a Christmas tree than a human with all her ornaments.

It didn't really make much of a difference to Nico which girl he went on dates with, but Drew Tanak.....you could literally smell her make-up in the air.

Drew cleared her throat. "Ahem...pull out a chair for me. Why do I only go on dates with imbeciles," she groaned.

"Why meee," Nico whispered under his breath.

After obliging to Drews stupor requests, he came up with a plan to get out of this.....disaster.

He took a deep breath. This is gonna hurt, he told himself as he inhaled a glass of water with his nostrils. He felt the burning sensation of his lungs yelling at him for being an idiot as he coughed several times, gasping for air.

"Disgusting!" Drew shrieked. "Are you sick?" she practically yelled out.

"I need to go to the infirmiry," he choked out

Drew rolled her eyes and scoffed, "You could die for all I care, not like I wanted to be on a date with you. You're not even in line for the throne, abdicated," she said as she walked away from the scene as Nico continued gasping for air.

Nico was overjoyed. Now he had only one destination in mind. The infirmary.

"Nico?" He heard Will asked as he entered the door.

Nico turned around to see him standing there, a bunch of bandages and other medical supplies in hand.

"What're you doing here?" he asked. "Aren't you supposed to be on a date?"

"I was with Drew, but she left. So I thought I could....." Nico trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Pay me a visit?" Will offered.

"Um... yeah.....the view...the view is really nice up here?" Gods Nico was embarassed.

"View of my face ?", he chuckled.

Nico could've sworn this was the most embarrassing moment of his life.

Noticing his embarrassment, William said, "Wanna help me out ? I could use some help. Dude you look exhausted, come on."

Will turned back to Nico and smirked all of a sudden, giving him a wink.

Nico blushed. "Wha..what?" he stammered.

Will slowly walked towards him with a twinkle in his eye. "You're as pale as a ghost,the light bounces off your skin....I know what you are."

Nico felt his heart beat faster as Will approached him, placing both his hands on Nico's shoulders.

"Iron deficient," Will whispered, and  walked away, shaking his head.

"Actually it's gay," Nico blurted out before he could help himself. He blushed, looking down at the floor.

Will turned around, a little astonished at the sudden confession, but he wasn't disappointed...he was elated.

He gave Nico a huge smile.

"That's nice," he began , unsure of what to say. "Come help me with this," he continued, silently cursing his cowardice.

Saying thus, he marched off. Nico was supposed to follow, but his feet didn't move one bit. This was not how he hoped Will would react. "Maybe I should just go.... I don't wanna disturb you."