24. A Wedding Fixed, A Wedding Broke

Annabeth smiled as she wiped two stray tears from her eyes.

Today her closest and oldest family would literally become family.

Their ring ceremony.

Luke was standing on the stage. The room had been decorated with Dahlia's, to show that the couple were committed to each other.

The hall itself was filled with royals. After all, It was the first couple in the Choosing.

"Hey" Annabeth heard.

And sure enough, next to her sat Percy Jackson.

She inhaled the sea scent she had grown familiar with over the weeks. Her owls in her stomach began to flutter harder.

(Owls- butterflies in her stomach)

"Hey" she smiled

Percy looked at her for a minute. He frowned and reached for her face. He cupped her face gently and wiped away her tears with his thumb.

His hand lingered for a second longer than it should have.

"I don't like seeing you cry" he said, clearing his throat.

He exctracted his hand from her cheek and looked away, as if the scene had never happened

Calm down, she commanded the owls

"These are happy tears" she whispered, blushing.

Calm down

Before Percy could reply, Thalia entered the room.
-----

The ring ceremony was wasn't what you would expect. It could be considered a wedding, minus the procession, white dress, a few vows, and the kiss.

The bride got to choose what she wore, so of course, Thalia being Thalia, chose a very simple black gown. Luke was in a tux.

They walked towards each other from either side of the hall, and Annabeth's heart swelled with pride.

There was a bald priest waiting for them, who made the Thalia and Luke repeat vows after him.

The old bald guy on stage turned to Luke,
"Repeat after me young man" he said

"With this ring,I take you ,Princess Thalia Grace, as my wife and the queen of my kingdom. Let these rings symbolize our love for each other and our combined commitment towards our kingdom.
I was chosen to be wedded to my kingdom by fate,
Now I choose to be wedded to you through choice.
I have chosen and will always choose you"

Luke did.
Thalia smiled, biting her lip.She was going to marry Luke. They were going to be engaged in a few minutes. Luke.The Luke she had a crush on from the moment she met him. The Luke she raised her Annie with. The Luke she'd fallen in Love with.

Now Mr old guy sir turned to Thalia,
"Repeat after me young lady" he began. "With this ring,I take you ,Prince Luke Castallen, as my husband. Let these rings symbolize our love for each other and our combined commitment towards our kingdom.
I have chosen and will always choose you"c

They said the vows, and the priest declared them engaged.

-------

Jason walked into the room, without waiting to be let in. "Oh here you are ! I've been looking everywhere for you, sis."

"I told Leo we were here," Hazel chimed.

"Oh " He laughed and turned to his sister, "Luke was looking for you."

"Nah I'm going to spend some time with these girlfriends of mine."

"Ok I'll go tell him then."

"Come on Jace, sit with us for a while, Luke will be just fine. You must be tired."

He gasped as Thalia pulled him to sit on the bed. Jason adjusted his tie and said, "That's right I am. I don't know what I expected, but if an engagement was this tiring, I'll probably be dead after the actual wedding."

Thalia gave him an evil smirk. "Don't you worry. We're all supposed to get married on the same day, so the only thing you'll have to worry about is whether or not Pi......."

She stopped dead when she noticed Reyna and Jason suck in a breath.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"No it's alright, I was going to talk to Jason anyway," Reyna said with a sad smile.

Jason nodded and walked out of the room, closely followed by Reyna.

After a few minutes of tense silence between the four girls, with only a few words exchanged, Reyna casually strolled into the room, like the queen that she is.

"Our wedding is called off," she announced.

Hey guys!!!

Whats up?

Hope you liked this not so great chapter!

Stay tuned!!

------S & D

3 comments and the next chapter!!!